Motorola Promises Next Gen Moto X Will have Kickin' Camera

PowrDroid

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
Perhaps the next gen Turbo will have the improved camera as well. Maybe they read JamieLov's posts here.

-----------------
With zero offense meant to Motorola, given that the company is known for making fantastic hardware as a whole, the cameras found in its flagship devices, notably the Moto X (1st Gen and 2nd Gen), have been rather unpleasant to use during most shooting circumstances. Even though Motorola has worked hard to update its camera software via firmware updates and camera app updates, the shooters just aren’t all that good when compared to other offerings on the market.

On Twitter yesterday, Motorola’s CMO Adrienne Hayes, says the company is working hard to change that this year, stating, “We know we need to improve here and are definitely going to ‘bring it.'”

When asked if Motorola would work to bring an advanced manual camera mode to the next flagship, plus improve on imaging as a whole, Hayes replied with, “We absolutely can and we absolutely will this year.”

http://www.droid-life.com/2015/06/0...ring-it-with-regard-to-moto-x-3rd-gen-camera/

doogald

Trusted Member
Jan 3, 2010
Visit site
Like I said, I predict a better camera Droid this year perhaps called something like the "Droid Capture".

If there is one thing that moto got wrong the last couple of years, it's photography. It's good to see them acknowledge it.

I still probably won't buy it, though. (I have an upgrade coming this August.)

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
Like I said, I predict a better camera Droid this year perhaps called something like the "Droid Capture".

If there is one thing that moto got wrong the last couple of years, it's photography. It's good to see them acknowledge it.

I still probably won't buy it, though. (I have an upgrade coming this August.)

Motorola has never had photography right.

Posted via Android Central App (Moto X)

ahamick

May 13, 2013
Visit site
My last 3 phones have been motorola android phones (droid, razr maxx, maxx) which I loved. I'm currently using an LG G3 and would like to get another motorola this year but the G3 camera is so much better than moto has offered its hard to go back.

If motorola can compete with LGs camera I would happily jump back to motorola.

Posted via the Android Central App

mookiekillsit

Aug 30, 2012
Visit site
This is fantastic news. LOVED my first gen Moto X but I wanted to throw that phone away every time I took a pic w/ it.... and I eventually did. I really, really want to go back. I hope they, or the next Nexus, make due on their promise. I'll take a camera 3/4 as good as this Note 4's but that will be a challenge.

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
Don't mind me. Just embedding the tweets.

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
I want a moto with a good camera.... although, the Nexus is pretty good. It's not great like some Samsung and LG phones I've seen, but it's definitely not bad.

getbretweir

Banned
Nov 27, 2012
Visit site
I want a moto with a good camera.... although, the Nexus is pretty good. It's not great like some Samsung and LG phones I've seen, but it's definitely not bad.

I'd be more than happy if it's slightly below g4/s6 ... I'd take iPhone 6 quality, even 5s

mookiekillsit

Aug 30, 2012
Visit site
Don't mind me. Just embedding the tweets.

tumblr_mhd0h5ig3h1ql928yo1_500.gif

mookiekillsit

Aug 30, 2012
Visit site
I'd be more than happy if it's slightly below g4/s6 ... I'd take iPhone 6 quality, even 5s

Yeah, I don't think we can expect it to compete w/ Sammy b/c their cameras are where they shine and they shine bright!! I'd be OK w/ a suped up Droid Turbo shooter. I haven't messed w/ one much but from what I see, they look to have pretty good cameras

KWKSLVR

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
Google said the same thing about the camera on the Galaxy Nexus. It was gonna be ground breaking and amazing. 😉

Posted via Android Central App

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
Google said the same thing about the camera on the Galaxy Nexus. It was gonna be ground breaking and amazing. ������

For 2011, from a features standpoint it kinda was. Quality, there were better shooters (obviously) - but for a 5 MP bare bones app, it wasn't horrible. It just was never good. Google isn't making a Moto X this year though, so we should be able to separate Google's history from Moto's this year.

NoYankees44

Dec 20, 2011
Visit site
Moto just needs to bite the bullet and pay for proprietary firmware from the hardware manufacturer(Sony or whoever they use). I have lost faith that they can properly sort out a camera on their own. Sensor quality has never seemed to be the issue. It appears to be the image processing.

KWKSLVR

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
For 2011, from a features standpoint it kinda was. Quality, there were better shooters (obviously) - but for a 5 MP bare bones app, it wasn't horrible. It just was never good. Google isn't making a Moto X this year though, so we should be able to separate Google's history from Moto's this year.

My point is that manufacturers don't go from crappy shooters to awesome ones in a single generation. Is the 2014 model any better of a shooter than the 2013? Not really. If camera quality is a huge plus to someone, they won't be happy with Motorola's next attempt. I'd put money on it.

Granted, I'm perfectly fine with my original Moto X.

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
My point is that manufacturers don't go from crappy shooters to awesome ones in a single generation. Is the 2014 model any better of a shooter than the 2013? Not really. If camera quality is a huge plus to someone, they won't be happy with Motorola's next attempt. I'd put money on it.

Granted, I'm perfectly fine with my original Moto X.

The 2014 is leaps and bounds better IMO, they just went from like a 3 to a 4 when Samsung and LG were racking up 8's. The Nexus 6 is actually really good in certain situations, and abysmal in others. If they fix the abysmal part and make a little improvement to the good, that's probably enough for most.

Orion78

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
The Nexus 6 camera is pretty good. Of course its not on the caliber of LG and Samsung. But I'm satisfied with the pics I take.

sharkita

Dec 7, 2013
Visit site
The 2014 is leaps and bounds better IMO, they just went from like a 3 to a 4 when Samsung and LG were racking up 8's. The Nexus 6 is actually really good in certain situations, and abysmal in others. If they fix the abysmal part and make a little improvement to the good, that's probably enough for most.

This. I don't ever expect a fantastic camera in a Motorola phone, but above average would be a nice improvement. I honestly don't believe Moto will produce a "kickin' camera" with the 2015 Moto X, but a "gee I no longer have to take 10 pictures to get a decent shot I can use" camera would be a big incentive for me to replace my otherwise amazing 2014 Moto X with a 2015 one.

Clocks

Aug 27, 2010
Visit site
Moto just needs to bite the bullet and pay for proprietary firmware from the hardware manufacturer(Sony or whoever they use). I have lost faith that they can properly sort out a camera on their own. Sensor quality has never seemed to be the issue. It appears to be the image processing.
Exactly

getbretweir

Banned
Nov 27, 2012
Visit site

I don't need or expect S6/G4 quality, I just hope it's a significant upgrade over last year.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non