US: Moto X Pure Edition (aka Moto X Style) Release Date Rumors

Status
Not open for further replies.

anon(9268751)

May 28, 2015
Visit site
re: US: Moto X Pure Edition (aka Moto X Style) Available September 3rd [RUMOR]

Has there really been any official release date confirmed? I know there was a tweet from moto that was deleted shortly after it was sent. I've not seen anything but that tweet.

Riccardo C

Aug 25, 2015
Visit site
Re: Moto X Available Starting September 3rd.

So I am coming from a Samsung S6 and felt it was time for a change especially since the new Note 5 had no expandable memory, or micro sd slot. I saw the debut of the Moto X Pure edition and it was everything I wanted with the exception of a fingerprint scanner. So I signed up on the site for updates and nothing (crickets chirping). I usually see Tech reviews, prerelease units, but nothing in regards to a drop date. So yes everyone is buzzing about Sept 3rd but no one has been able to confirm that date. So now I’m left with a dilemma I have T-Mobile and they are running sale on the Note 4. The sale was for $500 bucks and that’s not a bad price, and once I started to compare the 2 they are neck and neck in regards to specs with the exception of front firing speakers and UI touch wiz (laggy but has great features) or stock android but in limbo for a release date... Can anyone help me choose and does anyone have more info on the Moto X release date..

Unobtanium

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
Re: Release Date?

Motorola re-tweeted this week an article that included the info on the Sept. 3 Tweet. They might have just been re-tweeting the positive impression, not paying attention to the date issue.

Posted via the Android Central App

happasaiyan

Jun 16, 2010
Visit site
Re: US: Moto X Pure Edition (aka Moto X Style) Available September 3rd [RUMOR]

Not happening on the 3rd. Gonna be a week and a half delay from my original date.

Star-Lord

Jul 15, 2012
Visit site

I heard there's a possible delay until late September to early October. 😂

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site

Not happening on the 3rd. Gonna be a week and a half delay from my original date.

Thank you!

Posted via Android Central App (Moto X)

craZDude

Jan 6, 2012
Visit site

So around mid September? I was looking forward to ordering this phone next week, too!

somdave2005

Apr 5, 2011
Visit site

Bummer. Not surprised though since they deleted that tweet. They delay it any further, they going heads up against the mighty iPhone 6s.

rushmore

May 3, 2011
Visit site

Folks, the layoff was a hard gut punch to Motorola and their plans for this device launch (Lenovo's bad move). The Moto X Play was already planned first for it's rollout (as per Moto at the launch event) so not as impacted. The Moto X Pure will probably be impacted and the Style to some degree as well. The quick inventory depletion of Moto X Play also probably has something to do with the layoffs. The products do not push through a supply chain on their own.

Factor in Motorola is not exactly leaders in efficient supply chain management to begin with, you have the stars aligned for a "later than expected" device. Not seeing how September 3rd happens and would be a profound missed opportunity the more a possible delay prolongs. Lenovo must have Samsung agents in their midst making decisions for them ;)

happasaiyan

Jun 16, 2010
Visit site

Folks, the layoff was a hard gut punch to Motorola and their plans for this device launch (Lenovo's bad move). The Moto X Play was already planned first for it's rollout (as per Moto at the launch event) so not as impacted. The Moto X Pure will probably be impacted and the Style to some degree as well. The quick inventory depletion of Moto X Play also probably has something to do with the layoffs. The products do not push through a supply chain on their own.

Factor in Motorola is not exactly leaders in efficient supply chain management to begin with, you have the stars aligned for a "later than expected" device. Not seeing how September 3rd happens and would be a profound missed opportunity the more a possible delay prolongs. Lenovo must have Samsung agents in their midst making decisions for them ;)

China explosions: What we know about what happened in Tianjin - BBC News

A big reason for the delays. Sept 3rd was never the day- it was the one I stated earlier.

happasaiyan

Jun 16, 2010
Visit site

So around mid September? I was looking forward to ordering this phone next week, too!

Yep, right around mid-Sept. I've got the itch, too. Really looking forward to getting this one.

slidesJ

Dec 21, 2014
Visit site

China explosions: What we know about what happened in Tianjin - BBC News

A big reason for the delays. Sept 3rd was never the day- it was the one I stated earlier.

I really appreciate your information shares happyasian, but technically you months ago stated Sept 4th ;) Motorola tweeted Sept 3rd and then pulled it.

The explosions in the port could explain the tweet going out and then pulled, and can't imagine a product release on Sept. 11th (one week later), mid-to late September makes sense

Again, thanks for the shares

Status
Not open for further replies.