US: Moto X Pure Edition (aka Moto X Style) Release Date Rumors

Status
Not open for further replies.

Laura Knotek

Moderator Captain
Jan 8, 2011
Visit site
Re: US: Moto X Pure Edition (aka Moto X Style) Available September 3rd [RUMOR]

The original date was the 2nd. The tweet was a mistake. The 3rd was never the date.
I hope we don't have to wait too much longer. If Moto doesn't get the Pure edition released in a timely manner, I might be getting a Nexus instead (if that's out sooner).

Rocketsaucev2

Feb 5, 2013
Visit site

I hope we don't have to wait too much longer. If Moto doesn't get the Pure edition released in a timely manner, I might be getting a Nexus instead (if that's out sooner).
I'm definitely growing more interested in the LG nexus as we wait for the Moto x

XT1060

eao1991

Jan 6, 2012
Visit site

The good news is there's a chance (maybe small) that the new Nexus's (Nexii?) will be released within Motorola's 14 day return policy. Considering the return policy starts on the day the phone gets delivered we may be able to be early adopters for the MXPE and try out the new nexus's at the same time.

If you're lucky enough to snag a Nexus before the initial stock sells out. I'm hoping there's more stock this time around, but I doubt that will be the case.

Posted via the AC app

getbretweir

Banned
Nov 27, 2012
Visit site

The good news is there's a chance (maybe small) that the new Nexus's (Nexii?) will be released within Motorola's 14 day return policy. Considering the return policy starts on the day the phone gets delivered we may be able to be early adopters for the MXPE and try out the new nexus's at the same time.

excellent point ... I'd actually prefer that, although trying to get two Nexus phones plus the Moto around the same time would take a few years off my life

getbretweir

Banned
Nov 27, 2012
Visit site
OK cool... Didn't know if he was speculating or knows info about this. Reading at what everyone is saying looks like he is legit source ... Thanks ;)

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

yeah dude is legit ... and if you see his name and "Happy Asian" comes to mind, you're not alone!!

rushmore

May 3, 2011
Visit site

Though I doubt Sept 3 is the live date, I equally doubt the tragedy in China is related. The layoff announcement seems far more likely of a communication disruption and would explain the near complete void of darkness since the launch. Something that kills momentum is usually not by design, but by a mothership like Lenovo causing the disruption through lay-offs during their best launch event in years. Do folks here appreciate how business-nuts that is?

Cakefish

Jun 15, 2015
Visit site

I have heard that the 28th is the official launch date. The chap that told me this correctly predicted the launch day of the Moto X Play here in the UK.

Sent from my XT1562 using Tapatalk

happasaiyan

Jun 16, 2010
Visit site

Though I doubt Sept 3 is the live date, I equally doubt the tragedy in China is related. The layoff announcement seems far more likely of a communication disruption and would explain the near complete void of darkness since the launch. Something that kills momentum is usually not by design, but by a mothership like Lenovo causing the disruption through lay-offs during their best launch event in years. Do folks here appreciate how business-nuts that is?

Jennifer-Lawrence-ok-thumbs-up.gif

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site

Void of darkness? Nope. They've been promoting the Moto G since it's actually available. Moto X will get its turn.

Posted via Android Central App (Moto X)

getbretweir

Banned
Nov 27, 2012
Visit site

first of all, the sept 3 tweet was a mistake, so technically there's no delay. assuming moto planned to release it sooner though, the tragedy in China would seem like a much better reason for a delay than Chicago layoffs. I mean, how exactly does the firing of 500 software engineers cause a delay in distribution? also, I live in the US, and as upsetting it is to see people lose their job, especially at the hands of a foreign company, I don't think it'll have any significant impact on sales. aside from friends and family of those impacted, which is probably somewhere around .0001% of consumers, it won't impact Moto at all.

rushmore

May 3, 2011
Visit site

I never said Sept 3 was the date. Moto said Fall. Just saying that given the impact in Chicago it would make Sept 3 even more unlikely. Supply chain jobs were also zapped in Chicago and not just engineers.

Funny though trying to apply conjecture of what happened in China as "fact" and use that as a standard asserting the layoffs are not. Seems a double standard of two conjectures. BTW, love the JLaw GIF. She is a fellow Kentuckian :)

As far as the Moto X Play, isn't that product being pushed more from outside the US until the Verizon model later perhaps this year?

getbretweir

Banned
Nov 27, 2012
Visit site

I never said Sept 3 was the date. Moto said Fall. Just saying that given the impact in Chicago it would make Sept 3 even more unlikely. Supply chain jobs were also zapped in Chicago and not just engineers.

Funny though trying to apply conjecture of what happened in China as "fact" and use that as a standard asserting the layoffs are not. Seems a double standard of two conjectures. BTW, love the JLaw GIF. She is a fellow Kentuckian :)

As far as the Moto X Play, isn't that product being pushed more from outside the US until the Verizon model later perhaps this year?

I should've mentioned that I do agree Lenovo picked a bad time for the layoffs. Whether or not it'll affect their bottom line is irrelevant, it's just not a smart idea from a public relations standpoint to create such bad publicity after what has been a successful launch event.

Woosh

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site

There was never an official release date though. The September 3rd date was deleted and they kept with the "Fall 2015" release date. Nothing is officially being pushed back
first of all, the sept 3 tweet was a mistake, so technically there's no delay. assuming moto planned to release it sooner though, the tragedy in China would seem like a much better reason for a delay than Chicago layoffs. I mean, how exactly does the firing of 500 software engineers cause a delay in distribution? also, I live in the US, and as upsetting it is to see people lose their job, especially at the hands of a foreign company, I don't think it'll have any significant impact on sales. aside from friends and family of those impacted, which is probably somewhere around .0001% of consumers, it won't impact Moto at all.

Sorry, I don't agree with this. This was a public announcement from the maker of the phone. Whether it was deleted or not it was still publicly announced and out there for everyone to see. Every website covered it. This isn't like some random third party finding some date in a re-sellers database somewhere and put on the internet as a rumor of when the thing will launch...this was straight from the manufacturer. IF this wasn't the date then imo the responsible thing that the company should have done was say that the announcement was a mistake and while we have no official date to announce....it'll be coming later this fall.

Same... I was actually expecting to have ordered this before the Nexus is even announced. I'm gonna guess that won't be the case now and I'll probably have a decision to make in about a month.

happasaiyan

Jun 16, 2010
Visit site

Funny though trying to apply conjecture of what happened in China as "fact" and use that as a standard asserting the layoffs are not. Seems a double standard of two conjectures.

Given the info I share, don't you think it's in the realm of possibility that I would happen to know the real reason?

travaz

Nov 9, 2012
Visit site

I am sure that Lenovo is trying to do away with duplication and is going to take over logistics from Moto. They should have waited until the first of the year when all the busy selling season is over.

noobsquared

Apr 6, 2012
Visit site

I am sure that Lenovo is trying to do away with duplication and is going to take over logistics from Moto. They should have waited until the first of the year when all the busy selling season is over.

I agree with you and it might be happening in the background while all this is going on.

Motorola had horrible go live last year and they were sold out and backordered in a matter of minutes...maybe they are trying to make sure they have enough units this year ?

lance1740

Aug 27, 2015
Visit site

Don't know if this will help, but the moto x style will launch in China on Sep 8 according to a statement made by Lenovo today.

rushmore

May 3, 2011
Visit site

Given the info I share, don't you think it's in the realm of possibility that I would happen to know the real reason?

But of course and so could the layoffs be a factor- hence the point :)

rushmore

May 3, 2011
Visit site

I agree with you and it might be happening in the background while all this is going on.

Motorola had horrible go live last year and they were sold out and backordered in a matter of minutes...maybe they are trying to make sure they have enough units this year ?

Motorola supply chain is- to quote a great line in new the Mad Max movie: Mediocre.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TexasIndia