Moto X Pure Edition: Share Your Moto Maker Design

deadpenguins

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
I almost went deep blue back, then was worried the deep blue would look weird so I went black, then decided I wanted something less typical, so I went slate back. I'm surprised no one else seems to be picking this back color

Attachments

• 1441377261312.jpg
    1441377261312.jpg
    46 KB · Views: 102

Clocks

Aug 27, 2010
Visit site
I almost went deep blue back, then was worried the deep blue would look weird so I went black, then decided I wanted something less typical, so I went slate back. I'm surprised no one else seems to be picking this back color

Slate is a super clean/professional color. I had a 2014 X with a slate back and liked the color a lot.

This picture is exactly what the color looked like in real life (for the 2014 version)
http://forums.androidcentral.com/at...4-show-off-your-design-slate-white-silver.png

If I dont like the wood (or it peels like last year) i'll probably go black front/dark grey trim/slate back like this:

Untitled.png

deadpenguins

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
Slate is a super clean/professional color. I had a 2014 X with a slate back and liked the color a lot.

This picture is exactly what the color looked like in real life (for the 2014 version)
http://forums.androidcentral.com/at...4-show-off-your-design-slate-white-silver.png

If I dont like the wood (or it peels like last year) i'll probably go black front/dark grey trim/slate back like this:

View attachment 195024

Whoa, I hadn't heard of the wood backs peeling on last gen. I decided to go non-"premium" back because I'm a function over form guy so I'd rather have the extra grip on this gigantor phone (coming from OG X).

That pic strikes me as the perfect shade of gray, so I'm hoping this year is true to that color. I almost went with that exact color combo, but decided I wanted to add a little flare. I'm an interning college student, so it's a nice mix of fun and professional, I guess. :cool:

Wildo6882

Aug 13, 2010
Visit site

View attachment 195024
I went with the black front, slate back, dark gray trim and accents. I always try to go with the clean, professional look - but didn't want just a straight black phone.

THARD11

Sep 27, 2010
Visit site
I did the same. I don't go heavy on apps and I'm more than happy to spend less $$$ on micro SD cards than built-in memory to hold my music and pics (pics get uploaded to the cloud automatically anyway).

Yes me too. Just got a 64GB micro SD from Bestbuy today just waiting for the X to arrive.

Clocks

Aug 27, 2010
Visit site

View attachment 195024
Ever since I posted this I haven't been able to stop second guessing the ash wood. So I ordered this one too :) . Should be here within a day or two of each other then I'll keep the one I like.

GeordieAffy

Aug 27, 2015
Visit site
You look at the image they generated and the actual real life picture it looks much brighter and more illuminous.

moto-x-style-lime.jpg

Eitherway it does look pretty good and that greeting is class lol.

Sent from S3 via Tapatalk App.

Laineyc

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site

I ordered the slate back!

Sent from my XT1060 using Xparent Pink Tapatalk 2

dkeven

Dec 3, 2011
Visit site
black phone bezel, black rubber back, grey/silver trim, 32 gb with my 64gb sd card in waiting. hopefully someone will have a cheap case holster too. Its a phone not a fashion accessory.

GeordieAffy

Aug 27, 2015
Visit site
How do you mean "look wierd"?

Just curious as its one of the backs I'm considering so maybe you have a legit reason for not choosing.

Sent from S3 via Tapatalk App.

Flow39

Jun 30, 2014
Visit site
really like the Black/Black/Blue Accent, like a ton of other people want. I have noticed, however, that the Royal Blue on the website is much darker than in real life. It looks like the light blue on last year's Moto X. Can anyone confirm this?

Posted from my 2014 Moto X Pure Edition

Attachments

• 1441593962637.jpg
    1441593962637.jpg
    36 KB · Views: 87
  • 1441593980923.jpg
    1441593980923.jpg
    26.3 KB · Views: 92

312MotoGus

Aug 17, 2015
Visit site
As of this post, the white front/champagne trim is back up!

Edit: I'm getting the "some items in your cart are no longer available" message at checkout, and ig says "Backorder: Sept. 18", too. Hmm...

craZDude

Jan 6, 2012
Visit site
really like the Black/Black/Blue Accent, like a ton of other people want. I have noticed, however, that the Royal Blue on the website is much darker than in real life. It looks like the light blue on last year's Moto X. Can anyone confirm this?

Posted from my 2014 Moto X Pure Edition

That phone pictured below isn't the Moto X Pure though... That might be the plastic moto X play? Or the Moto g 2015?

Posted via the Android Central App

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
LscamRN.jpg

Front/Frame: White/Champagne
Accent: Metallic Champagne
Back: Cognac Leather

:)

Attachments