Moto X Pure Edition: Share Your Moto Maker Design

AKS4

Dec 4, 2015
Visit site
I'm considering buying the moto x pure (2015) with the bamboo back.

Is it prone to scratches more than a regular rubber back?

And how's the grip?

Can someone who has the bamboo back give me some feedback on it? Or other things I should know about it?

Posted via the Android Central App

I'm not sure how much they differ in terms of hardness, but I can offer some insight after a few weeks of using my ash wood back.

Scratch-wise - I haven't noticed any scratches after the few weeks I've owned mine. While I am being gentle, I do place it and scoot it about the table, car dash, desk, workbench in the garage, etc.. So far it seems decently durable. Granted I haven't taken a knife to it or anything, but an average daily routine I haven't noticed much scratching.

Grippyness - When I first handled it, it felt more slippery than my old phone naked. however I did have a thin film protector on the old phone so could've been part of it. I got used to using the MXPE naked and felt it wasn't as slippery as everyone claims it would be. That was until I got a clear tektide case (mostly for shock absorption should I drop it) for it, and even as slippery as the case could be, it seems to offer more grip than the wood back.

nomoreapple

Apr 13, 2016
Visit site
Re: Moto X Pure Edition: Share Your Design

I was thinking of the same thing but i am deciding between this and one with cabernet back, i cant decide, does anyone have any opinions on that.

devilsfl

Jun 17, 2011
Visit site
Re: Moto X Pure Edition: Share Your Design

The cabernet is apparently a little more purple in real life. I was dead set on that until I saw some pictures on Google and reddit. Now I'm torn between that and deep sea blue.

boinq

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
I know the moto x isn't even hot anymore, but I STILL wish there is a metal black accent and frame like on the Moto G 3rd Gen. That accent colour blends extremely well with deep sea blue back.

DroidJay3

Jan 17, 2012
Visit site
I have started to really like this look. Can you confirm or post pictures as to just how close the dark grey accents match with the bezel of the phone? I think the lighter shade of wood grain really "pops" with the dark front creating a nice contrast.

Thank you!!

-Jason :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xak47d