10-22-2016 11:13 AM
2,087 ... 4142434445 ...
tools
    Found out today three things from a customer service supervisor (well, I have to take their word).

1. Order volume is far larger than their already large estimates
    2. There are several facilities managing the orders and shipping. Some are more heavy with orders and why some are later delivery dates.
    3. My order is "lucky" enough to be in one of those facilities, since now pushed out to 9/21.

In summary, the Pure is apparently selling very well and it is a luck of the draw if your device is managed at a more expedient facility.
    ChippahInGA likes this.
    09-16-2015 09:40 AM
    Motorola finally gave me the "We sent it email" FedEx tracking now says 9/18 when it initially said 9/17. My original delivery date was 9/21, so I'm still before the deadline. So, when you see FedEx delivery manager on the first stage of the process ("Shipment information sent to FedEx") and they give you a delivery date, realistically, it might come one day later.
    09-16-2015 09:45 AM
    Funny, Motorola wouldn't let me ship it to my office only my billing address. Nothing showing up in my FedEx delivery management.
    My billing address is a PO Box...that was a whole other story...
    09-16-2015 09:48 AM
    Still

being

built

even though Fatima promised me yesterday it was complete and waiting for FedEx to pick it up. No email, nothing on the radar from FedEx and due tomorrow. At this point, I am renting an RV and driving to China in the morning to go finish building my own and taking care of this crazy myself. Who's with me?
    ChippahInGA likes this.
    09-16-2015 09:58 AM
    Did anyone else that ordered on 9/2 get a delivery date of 9/24? Killing me that I ordered on release day and have to wait longer than a lot of folks that ordered over a week later.
    I ordered on 9/2 and got a delivery date of 9/15. Now they're telling me I have to wait until 9/21 or 9/23 for it to ship. Good Luck to you.
    09-16-2015 10:03 AM
    Did anyone else that ordered on 9/2 get a delivery date of 9/24? Killing me that I ordered on release day and have to wait longer than a lot of folks that ordered over a week later.
    Same with me. I ordered within the first hour of availability and got a 9/24 delivery date. Status is is "being built" with no updates so far. What sucks is I played with Motomaker yesterday, put a phone in my cart and got a 9/21 delivery date. I could've waited 2 weeks to order and potentially get the phone faster :/

Posted via the Android Central App
    09-16-2015 10:06 AM
    I ordered on the 2nd. My order was in within a half hour of the pre-order opening. Got a date of 9/21. I was talking to some people with early delivery dates and they had all ordered 16GB models. I ordered a 64. I've been wondering if that has anything to do with the differences in lead times, although I don't understand why it would. I haven't seen (or noticed) anyone saying they received their 64 yet. According to Moto, mine was supposed to ship yesterday, but there's nothing in FedEx and the progress slider still says it's being built...not that that thing means anything.
    09-16-2015 10:08 AM
    In theory, today should be my shipping day according to a scheduled delivery of 9/18.

I'm not holding my breath.
    Me neither!
    09-16-2015 10:09 AM
    yes same here i been talking to moto rep but always get the same answer just have to wait .
    09-16-2015 10:10 AM
    Pure
    16gb (bought 64gb Sandisk sd for $20 on amazon)
    My full name / "hello" my "first name" (I never resell my old phones)
    Verizon

Ordered 9/5, started assembly 9/9, expected ship date 10/2
    09-16-2015 10:26 AM
    I did! Insurance with Verizon at $8 a month totaled $192 with $100 deductible so $80 with a $50 deductible for the same 2 years is a no brainer. I've broken phones in the past.
    09-16-2015 10:33 AM
    Yep. I ordered on 9/2, was given a delivery date of 9/22, and it's been in the 'being built' stage since 9/3.

It's 64GB w/ an Ebony wood back.

It's shipping to my office, so I can't peek at FedEx for advance shipping info.

I'm certain they have their finest craftsmen meticulously carving and machining each component.
    09-16-2015 10:41 AM
    I just talked to a Moto rep and was told that my delivery date of tomorrow is still on track even though it hasn't shipped yet.
    Yep, same here, though I am calling BS. just out of curiosity are you in or around Chicago?
    09-16-2015 10:45 AM
    Apparently getting the order quickly depends on what facility it went to. This is per Moto and not my conjecture.
    09-16-2015 10:56 AM
    picked mine up from fedex last night (after much rummaging around by their staff to locate my box)

32GB / champagne / ash / champagne

it is simply stunning. the wood feels great (i went with leather for 2014 but had a wood 2013) this wood feels less glossy in a way. the dimple portion of the accent strip sticks out just enough to feel where it is but the camera portion is more flush with the device (none of it is perfectly flush, but it is a bevel, not a manufacturing defect)

coming from an iphone 6+ and a moto G (2015) most recently (i've also owned a nexus 6) this phone feels the best in hand. my roommate has a G4 and this feels so much nicer than anything i've held in the past year. the dimple is in the perfect spot (in the Moto G i kept putting my finger on the lens) and balances the phone really well. the gold speaker grills really set off the front too.

the screen is sharp and vibrant and setting everything up i haven't noticed anything i would call lag. micro stutters maybe here and there, but i was also downloading like 120 apps at the same time. the phone is really fast and fluid. i wouldn't worry about the 808 being underpowered at all. with a little optimization i think this phone can keep up with whatever else is coming out in the near future. i moved as much as i could to to SD card so we'll see how that impacts performance today.

the phone also works perfectly fine with android auto in case anyone was wondering

coming from the most recent phones i've used, the screen is easily prettier than the 6+ and (obviously) the moto G. i'll have to look at my roommates G4 a bit today to see how it compares to that and snap some pictures as well.

so far, the phone looks and feels great. i'm quite happy with the purchase.

i would post pictures, but i feel bad for you guys who haven't had their phone ship yet.
    Almeuit and MoPhoMan like this.
    09-16-2015 11:29 AM
    Mine is still stuck at Order Approved even though it still shows an estimated delivery date of 9/15. Ordered on 9/2. 64mb version.
    09-16-2015 11:31 AM
    For those who can use delivery manager, you can have it held at a FedEx location very easily if nobody will be there to sign for it. I'm lucky and have a FedEx location 3/4 mile away. You will not get the option until the package it actually picked up from the warehouse.
    09-16-2015 11:38 AM
    Yep, same here, though I am calling BS. just out of curiosity are you in or around Chicago?
    Nope, Cleveland.
    09-16-2015 11:44 AM
    Apparently getting the order quickly depends on what facility it went to. This is per Moto and not my conjecture.
    My issue is this. I order 9/2 and they debit my account for the full amount on 9/4. Now I'm seeing people that have ordered AFTER 9/4, after I paid them, who had to have paid them later than me, getting their product before me. That's what makes me mad and that's the issue Moto needs to address.
    09-16-2015 11:50 AM
    Fedex delivered mine today a day early.
    MoPhoMan likes this.
    09-16-2015 11:56 AM
    Nope, Cleveland.
    I was gunna say, there is still a chance that today we could get our shipping numbers because they can ship from China straight to Chicago
    09-16-2015 12:04 PM
    FYI you can now order the moto x style on the UK website if someone wants to update the site so others are aware.
    09-16-2015 12:05 PM
    Found out today three things from a customer service supervisor (well, I have to take their word).

1. Order volume is far larger than their already large estimates
    2. There are several facilities managing the orders and shipping. Some are more heavy with orders and why some are later delivery dates.
    3. My order is "lucky" enough to be in one of those facilities, since now pushed out to 9/21.

In summary, the Pure is apparently selling very well and it is a luck of the draw if your device is managed at a more expedient facility.
    Yep, mine is set for 9/21 now as well.
    09-16-2015 12:07 PM
    My issue is this. I order 9/2 and they debit my account for the full amount on 9/4. Now I'm seeing people that have ordered AFTER 9/4, after I paid them, who had to have paid them later than me, getting their product before me. That's what makes me mad and that's the issue Moto needs to address.
    I agree but nothing we can do but wait. I finally got a rep on the phone (after numerous auto disconnects) who told me mine has been assembled and waiting for FedEx to pick them up.
    09-16-2015 12:09 PM
    Latest chat support session a few minutes ago:

Chat
    Jacklyn (Responding)
    Jacklyn: Hi, my name is Jacklyn. How may I help you?
    Nicholas: I ordered a new phone on Moto Maker on 9/2 and it is stuck in status "Order Approved". Shows the estimated delivery date of 9/15/15. I was told before that it would show up on that date but didn't. Order number xxxxxxxxx.
    Jacklyn: I’m so sorry to hear that but let me help you on this. Nothing to worry I'm more than happy to assist you regarding this matter because here in Motorola we value our customers concern.
    Jacklyn: Would you mind providing me your full name, phone number, email and location (country) before we proceed? We are collecting such information for security purposes.
    Nicholas: xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
    Jacklyn: Thank you so much.
    Jacklyn: This is a Moto X Pure Edition right?
    Nicholas: Yes.
    Jacklyn: As I have checked it here your order has an expected delivery date today, however let me set your expectations that we are receiving a large volume of orders for this item which causes the delay on shipment. The delayed orders for Moto X Pure with ETA 09/14, 09/15, and 09/16 will be shipped out by batches. First batch will be shipped out on Sept 21 and the next batch will be on Sept 23.
    Jacklyn: We sincerely apologize for the delay this is because of the high volume of sales we received. But we are doing our best here to make sure that this will be delivered to you as soon as possible.
    Nicholas: Is there a tracking number?
    Jacklyn: There is none yet as will be ship out by batches and it will earlier next week.
    Nicholas: I will be out of town starting next week. I tried to have the phone shipped to my office but you wouldn't let me do that.
    Jacklyn: I sincerely apologize Nicholas however you have the option to scheduled pick up on Fedex once it has ship out.
    Nicholas: This purchase experience has been very disappointing. I've been told several different things by Motorola concerning this order.
    Jacklyn: My apologies Nicholas but we are already doing our best to ship out this order.
    09-16-2015 12:09 PM
2,087 ... 4142434445 ...