"I've ordered my Moto X Style" (Order & Shipping Discussion)

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
My Moto maker order shipped as well, white/champagne/ashwood 64 GB. Expected Monday delivery date but going by previous Moto maker order I expect it to receive Friday. Shanghai is day ahead and based on it its estimating Monday delivery, I checked my previous tracking from Moto and based on that I should have it Friday.

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

I told FedEx to hold it at a store for me (it is open 24/7) so I figure I can snag it over the weekend :D.

bhatech

Trusted Member
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
Re: "I've ordered my Moto X Style" (Order & Shipping Discussion)

I told FedEx to hold it at a store for me (it is open 24/7) so I figure I can snag it over the weekend :D.
Yeah but that doesn't work like that, it comes to a distribution facility in your city and from there they deliver to the store instead of your house. So if it lands in the local distribution facility on Saturday it doesn't deliver to your store till Monday. But we should be good since we will get it on Friday, I also selected hold at store as always since will pick it up from work during lunch :)

PS: My Moto G last month shipped Thursday night from Shanghai and landed to my local distribution facility on Saturday, they then delivered to the local store on Monday. Since the Moto X shipped on Wednesday night, it should be in the local distribution facility Friday morning and we should be good for Friday.

Last edited:

Ntchwaidumela

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site

Checked my FedEx Manager account and see that "shipment information was sent to FedEx" at 7:30PM (EST I am assuming). Showing an ETA of 9/11 before 12PM! Honestly don't see how that is possible, but certainly hope it is! LOL

BTW - still no email from Moto and status still says "being built"
G4'ed it!

I just received notification that my X has been shipped and is scheduled to arrive on Monday, 9/14 by 10:30 a.m. If you check your notice, you should see that it was shipped from China, which is a day ahead of us. The delivery date and time is your home time zone. The shipping date and time are Chinese.

Ntchwaidumela

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
Just got a FedEx update tonight. Showing my device has shipped. Haven't heard from Moto yet, though. I ordered probably by 3pm CST last Thursday and had a 9/15 delivery date originally. Black front, slate back, dark gray trim, 64gb with no signature. In case any of that matters.

If you haven't received a notification from Motorola, check the original order notification. It will show updates when you click current status. And remember, it's shipping from China, so the shipping date is their time zone. Delivery date is your time zone.

craZDude

Jan 6, 2012
Visit site
Got my shipping notification from Moto, FedEx says it'll be to my place on Monday. I was really hoping I would get to show it to my girlfriend over the weekend, too :( but oh well! She can wait ;D

Posted via the Android Central App

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site

Yeah but that doesn't work like that, it comes to a distribution facility in your city and from there they deliver to the store instead of your house. So if it lands in the local distribution facility on Saturday it doesn't deliver to your store till Monday. But we should be good since we will get it on Friday, I also selected hold at store as always since will pick it up from work during lunch :)

PS: My Moto G last month shipped Thursday night from Shanghai and landed to my local distribution facility on Saturday, they then delivered to the local store on Monday. Since the Moto X shipped on Wednesday night, it should be in the local distribution facility Friday morning and we should be good for Friday.

That could still work out for me -- The store is closer to my work so I could snag that on lunch easier than my house :).

eak1570

Mar 13, 2013
Visit site
If you haven't received a notification from Motorola, check the original order notification. It will show updates when you click current status. And remember, it's shipping from China, so the shipping date is their time zone. Delivery date is your time zone.

What is your order number? ( just first 4 number) mine is 01208xx.. So I can calculate mine.

YankInDaSouth

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site
I just received notification that my X has been shipped and is scheduled to arrive on Monday, 9/14 by 10:30 a.m. If you check your notice, you should see that it was shipped from China, which is a day ahead of us. The delivery date and time is your home time zone. The shipping date and time are Chinese.

Remember, it's shipping from China. The time zone is a day ahead of ours.
Very good point! I switched the time zone to "destination" and it gives a more clear time frame. I really wonder if we could see them Friday??!! That'd make for an awesome weekend
Now, do I have it sent to the FedEx store by work or just let it go to the house ... decisions, decisions LOL

G4'ed it!

Cael26

Sep 9, 2015
Visit site
So I haven't received any shipping notification from FedEx. The reps now don't know what to say to me because they can't say I have an estimated ship date of 9/9/15 anymore. They now ask me who told me that (them) and then say the scheduled ship day is 9/9 est delivery is 9/15. I say its 9/10, they say I'll get an email and try their best to get me to disconnect.

So annoying

MTeator

Sep 10, 2015
Visit site
So I haven't received any shipping notification from FedEx. The reps now don't know what to say to me because they can't say I have an estimated ship date of 9/9/15 anymore. They now ask me who told me that (them) and then say the scheduled ship day is 9/9 est delivery is 9/15. I say its 9/10, they say I'll get an email and try their best to get me to disconnect.

So annoying

Same boat here, order 01207xxx

Just a black phone with a black back, 32gb, no engraving.

nemov

Mar 7, 2010
Visit site
Remember, it's shipping from China. The time zone is a day ahead of ours.

I understand the time zone difference. I've been to Japan. :)

It just seems like FedEx would know when the estimated delivery time is and it's calculated by my time zone.
trk.png

How can you tell if it's on the plane? I assume in transit from Hong Kong means it's on a plane at 4am EST. It's probably about 12 hours to the US. That would put it in the US around 4pm. Anyone know what city FedEx will fly into?

DC Wuff

Nov 26, 2009
Visit site

So annoying

I'm trying to refrain from calling them. Order #01206XXX, and no updates to my order status since 9/2. Still "being built". 32GB Walnut back, no inscription or greeting. Estimated delivery date still 9/15, which is good since I have to work from home that day anyway. Staying patient and positive, and very happy for those who ordered from Amazon who already have their devices or are slated to receive them today. Good Karma, baby!

travaz

Nov 9, 2012
Visit site

It just seems like FedEx would know when the estimated delivery time is and it's calculated by my time zone.
View attachment 195860

How can you tell if it's on the plane? I assume in transit from Hong Kong means it's on a plane at 4am EST. It's probably about 12 hours to the US. That would put it in the US around 4pm. Anyone know what city FedEx will fly into?

Memphis TN I used to do a lot of Asia travel and you leave HK at 9 AM om WED and get to LAX at 8 AM WED lol

AtanRaca

Oct 28, 2010
Visit site
I'm trying to refrain from calling them. Order #01206XXX, and no updates to my order status since 9/2. Still "being built". 32GB Walnut back, no inscription or greeting. Estimated delivery date still 9/15, which is good since I have to work from home that day anyway. Staying patient and positive, and very happy for those who ordered from Amazon who already have their devices or are slated to receive them today. Good Karma, baby!

Same here. I had my order in right before 3PM. White/Bamboo and still showing that it is being built. Sad trombone for those who have not gotten any updates... :-\

popartist

Nov 11, 2010
Visit site
Got my ship notice this morning! Says it will arrive Monday morning, it is in Hong Kong now. Doesn't help me to be a day early since I don't return from vacation until Tuesday anyway.

Posted with my Nexus 7 LTE (2013) via Android Central App

Benny879

Jun 12, 2010
Visit site

View attachment 195860

I just looked at my 2014 Moto X tracking and he was right. Mine shipped on a Friday (USA Time zone) from China and I received it on Monday morning. If you're current order shipped on Thursday then getting it tomorrow is a good possibility still.

Cael26

Sep 9, 2015
Visit site

Mine is still "Order Approved". Ordered on 9/2, delivery estimate is 9/15. I'm 99.9% sure you'll get your X before me.

jimbo1mcm

Jun 6, 2012
Visit site
Everyone who has checked their order status more than 20 times put your hands up.......Wow! Put them down now. Then check your status again. Something might have changed while you read this!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmeliaRodriguez