"I've ordered my Moto X Style" (Order & Shipping Discussion)

VoltaicShock

Nov 18, 2009
Visit site
Re: "I've ordered my Moto X Style" (Order & Shipping Discussion)

Mine jumped to bring built in 1 day and sat there for a week.

Today it moved to "Order Complete"

Patiently waiting for "In Transit"

Posted via the Android Central App

Why must you bring me down lol :)

cwise222

Apr 26, 2012
Visit site

Mine took about a week to build, maybe a little less. The parts still seem to be a little backed up still so what options you choose can cause the building phase time to fluctuate. Then of course once it ships it'll have clearance issues with FedEx. I am not sure why Moto hasn't fixed the paperwork debacle after a month of every shipment hitting a clearance delay or why it is taking so long but they need to get that fixed soon. If you are going to shift production out of the US and have to have every single phone make it though clearance then you need to make sure it all works right or at least fix it after it happening once or twice.

The Lenovo supply chain and shipping teams seem to be pretty bad, to say the least.

StarStrider

Jun 15, 2013
Visit site

My MXPE just hit Memphis, now I just gotta wait for the clearance delay. I've been seeing everything from it not even taking a day, to people losing their phones and having to get new ones from Motorola.. Here's hoping for the best!

Laura Knotek

Moderator Captain
Jan 8, 2011
Visit site

My MXPE just hit Memphis, now I just gotta wait for the clearance delay. I've been seeing everything from it not even taking a day, to people losing their phones and having to get new ones from Motorola.. Here's hoping for the best!
Mine didn't even take a day for the clearance. It took a long time to build but shipped quickly once it got built.

Sent from my Moto X Pure Edition using Tapatalk

Faithfull

Feb 24, 2014
Visit site

Ordered mine on the 15th, was built by 16th. Estimated to be delivered on 23rd but just checked with DHL and its on the courier van to be delivered today:D

White/Light Gold with White Back, no engraving, 64gb.

azdmelani

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
Ahhh, the good old clearance delay. At least this time, it is during a weekday vs a weekend.

Mine also says Anchorage, AK under the top clearance delay status, but on the bottom with the time stamps says Memphis. Go figure

VoltaicShock

Nov 18, 2009
Visit site

Mine took about a week to build, maybe a little less. The parts still seem to be a little backed up still so what options you choose can cause the building phase time to fluctuate. Then of course once it ships it'll have clearance issues with FedEx. I am not sure why Moto hasn't fixed the paperwork debacle after a month of every shipment hitting a clearance delay or why it is taking so long but they need to get that fixed soon. If you are going to shift production out of the US and have to have every single phone make it though clearance then you need to make sure it all works right or at least fix it after it happening once or twice.

The Lenovo supply chain and shipping teams seem to be pretty bad, to say the least.

Or don't use FedEx :)

cwise222

Apr 26, 2012
Visit site

Or don't use FedEx :)

Oh, It's not FedEx. The same thing would happen with UPS. Moto, or Lenovo really since they took over the supply chain, isn't providing the correct or needed information to let the package legally be cleared by US customs so it can be delivered and those requirements apply to every shipping company. The shipment my phone is in seems to be missing the tariff number or FedEx was given the wrong one. That is something so basic it boggles my mind a bit that it keeps happening over and over.

VoltaicShock

Nov 18, 2009
Visit site

Oh, It's not FedEx. The same thing would happen with UPS. Moto, or Lenovo really since they took over the supply chain, isn't providing the correct or needed information to let the package legally be cleared by US customs so it can be delivered and those requirements apply to every shipping company. The shipment my phone is in seems to be missing the tariff number or FedEx was given the wrong one. That is something so basic it boggles my mind a bit that it keeps happening over and over.

I know. I am just not a fan of FedEx

StarStrider

Jun 15, 2013
Visit site

The shipment my phone is in seems to be missing the tariff number or FedEx was given the wrong one. That is something so basic it boggles my mind a bit that it keeps happening over and over.

That's what's going on with mine, I've never had issues like this importing something.

Cuda13

Jun 11, 2012
Visit site

I ordered mine the morning of the 17th and it shows as order complete on Moto's site. Now waiting for shipping.

32 GB
Black front
Slate grey back w/ metallic red trim
no engraving or greeting

StarStrider

Jun 15, 2013
Visit site

My MXPE was just released from import clearance, back on track to arrive tomorrow! Hype!

Chamsalot

Oct 17, 2015
Visit site

Not mine. Been in the clearance delay in Memphis since Sunday.
Same here. Unfortunately, I cannot wait any longer and as of 5:20PM EST, it's still in the Clearance Delay since Sunday morning. Therefore, I just ordered the same phone (less customization) from Best Buy. For $25 expedited shipping, I should have it here tomorrow.

Really disappointed with Motorola.

tcournoy

Jul 3, 2012
Visit site

I'm glad that some of the other people who's phones that were stuck in the Clearance Delay since Sunday have been released, unfortunately I am still waiting for mine. The whole process of ordering from Moto has been pretty terrible for me. I work in supply chain and understand production and shipping delays but Moto has been terrible at communication throughout the process. While I still want my phone and eagerly await its arrival (whenever that may be) I am probably not going to order from them again.

jephanie

Nov 11, 2011
Visit site
My friend ordered one and it's been stuck with the customs delay for three days and remains there. My replacement was stuck, too, but for just one day.

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk