Does the Moto X Pure Edition/Moto X Style have overheating issues?

Oct 7, 2015
Visit site
UPDATE: I now have Marshmallow and heating seems less of a problem in the few days I've had it. Had a prolonged gaming session on a game that usually sent temperatures into the mid 40s and now it feels subjectively cooler and objectively too with temp only hitting 36C.

Anyone else noticing an improvement? BTW loving this phone on 6.0. Feels even more slick!

Posted via the Android Central App

Jheebs

Aug 17, 2013
Visit site
What issues are you having with caller Id? Haven't noticed anything here.

When contacts calls or texts come in, callers name and contact picture doesn't show up, only phone number, like they're not in your contacts. A reboot usually fixes it for awhile, but comes back. This seems to be a bug with marshmallow and Motorola's contact\dialer app. Many posts about it on xda and here on ac... Hopefully it's easily fixed in next update.

Xylomaphoner

Mar 20, 2013
Visit site
I haven't seen any overheating on mine, or anyone else's (I know about 10 people with the phone). The only way the phone gets hot for me (and I wouldn't say it's "over-hot", so to speak), is when I'm charging using a fast charger, or if it's reaching out for service in an area with bad reception. It doesn't even get that hot for me when I play games, but the only game I play is the family guy:quest for stuff one.

Last edited by a moderator:

Vipinnegi

Apr 28, 2016
Visit site
Any latest reviews, any one. I just bought this x style n its been more than a week, my phone is touching 45-48deg Celsius after few hrs of simple web browsing. No games at all just browsing. Should i be worried. Or has any one figured how to check on this temp isaue..

P.S. replacing is this phone is d last option,

skipatrol

Oct 7, 2012
Visit site
My phone gets hot quick playing games (Alto's adventure, Beach buggy racing etc.). As much as I love the device, it's kind of annoying.

boinq

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
Is not feeling the heat really a good thing? It could possible just mean that all heat is contained within the phone and is not dissipated when it is cool to the touch. With so many different materials and colors on the front and the back, a different combo might have different rate of dissipation of heat. I recently ordered a full white model with champagne trim and frame, hopefully it isn't the worst at heat dissipation.

davidnc

Super Moderator
Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Is not feeling the heat really a good thing? It could possible just mean that all heat is contained within the phone and is not dissipated when it is cool to the touch. With so many different materials and colors on the front and the back, a different combo might have different rate of dissipation of heat. I recently ordered a full white model with champagne trim and frame, hopefully it isn't the worst at heat dissipation.

I would think you would feel heat if it was running hot.But if you want to make sure you could install GSam Battery Monitor ( or similar app) . The app will show the temperature of the phone
https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...ails?id=com.gsamlabs.bbm&hl=en&token=aJR_B2G9

boinq

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
When the sun was hot this morning, I took my X to take some photos because there is this blue sky perfect for captures. After taking like 25 shots under the sun, the phone reached 46.5 degrees Celcius. Turned the screen off, waited for a while, its minimum is 35 degrees Celcius. This is when the phone is set to 720p resolution using adb commands. All white model.

skipatrol

Oct 7, 2012
Visit site
I'm not gonna lie. I'm getting really annoyed with how fast this thing heats up. I literally get 10 minutes of game playing in before I'm at 110 or 115 degrees and have to turn off the game. I know all phones get hot but dang this thing heats up quick.

Isaiah 43

Dec 18, 2013
Visit site
Mine definitely gets hot. While browsing, watching YouTube or anything. It on average runs about 10 to 15 degrees hotter than my 2014 Moto X pure edition.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty