I am returning my Moto X Pure Edition

Cakefish

Jun 15, 2015
Visit site
I see the new Sony compact looks interesting as well, but the overheating and support problem reports are discouraging.

Oh well.
There is no overheating in the Z5 Compact. That rumour was false, spread around by the news sites as Gospel. I have one. It gets warmest when charging. It doesn't heat up much during everyday normal usage. No more so than my Nexus 5. In fact, it runs cooler than my my Nexus 5 when running 3D benchmarks (3DMark has an inbuilt temperature graph that monitors SOC temp).

The phone does however have an issue whereby the camera generates blurry areas in the far left side of photos. Many of us on XDA are returning our phones for exchanges for this reason. I would strongly recommend holding off buying until we start seeing units that aren't affected by what we're assuming is a manufacturing flaw in the first batch of production.

Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk

qnet

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site
I guess this an appropriate thread to tell my story. I ordered my MXPE on Sept 2 and will be just getting it tomorrow. Right now it's in Memphis with a delivery exception, but a lady from Motorola called me and told me it was straightened out. I really wanted the Moto X and was excited when I ordered it. However it's been so long, and now I've ordered the Nexus 6P.

Although I can afford to keep both phones, I'm strongly leaning toward returning the Moto X. After I get the Nexus 6P I know I won't be using it that much, and from past experiences, customized Moto X's are hard to sell.

If the Moto XPE had a fingerprint scanner on the back the decision would be much harder. I heard that Motorola had the fingerprint technology before Apple but Apple beat them implementing it. I wonder if this is the technology that Google got from them when they owned them.

Ryaan Johnson

Aug 25, 2015
Visit site
I guess this an appropriate thread to tell my story. I ordered my MXPE on Sept 2 and will be just getting it tomorrow. Right now it's in Memphis with a delivery exception, but a lady from Motorola called me and told me it was straightened out. I really wanted the Moto X and was excited when I ordered it. However it's been so long, and now I've ordered the Nexus 6P.

Although I can afford to keep both phones, I'm strongly leaning toward returning the Moto X. After I get the Nexus 6P I know I won't be using it that much, and from past experiences, customized Moto X's are hard to sell.

If the Moto XPE had a fingerprint scanner on the back the decision would be much harder. I heard that Motorola had the fingerprint technology before Apple but Apple beat them implementing it. I wonder if this is the technology that Google got from them when they owned them.

Moto was going to put fingerprint scanner where the logo was on the back but apple bought the company that made the sensor so they couldn't sell it to anyone else

Posted via the Android Central App

qnet

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site
Moto was going to put fingerprint scanner where the logo was on the back but apple bought the company that made the sensor so they couldn't sell it to anyone else

Posted via the Android Central App

You know your correct, that's actually the way I heard it also, I now remember. It's a shame because that would have been a nice feature on the Moto X.

krazyatom

Trusted Member
Jan 4, 2015
Visit site
There is no overheating in the Z5 Compact. That rumour was false, spread around by the news sites as Gospel. I have one. It gets warmest when charging. It doesn't heat up much during everyday normal usage. No more so than my Nexus 5. In fact, it runs cooler than my my Nexus 5 when running 3D benchmarks (3DMark has an inbuilt temperature graph that monitors SOC temp).

The phone does however have an issue whereby the camera generates blurry areas in the far left side of photos. Many of us on XDA are returning our phones for exchanges for this reason. I would strongly recommend holding off buying until we start seeing units that aren't affected by what we're assuming is a manufacturing flaw in the first batch of production.

I didn't know z5 compact was available. I will go buy one now! I was debating between nexus x5 and z5 compact.

Sent from my ONE A2005 using Tapatalk

Cakefish

Jun 15, 2015
Visit site
I didn't know z5 compact was available. I will go buy one now! I was debating between nexus x5 and z5 compact.

Sent from my ONE A2005 using Tapatalk
Z5 Compact is amazing. Really hope my second one has a camera that hasn't got the blur issue.

rushmore

May 3, 2011
Visit site
No Bluetooth quality issues with my Pure or speaker issues. Why does the sd issue keep coming up? If you like one or not, great! Just don't be incredulous to those that like the feature. It seems some folks try to apply their own standards on others. JMO.

jephanie

Nov 11, 2011
Visit site
Re: Advanced calling issues- verizon

Lemme just say how horrible Moto's customer service has been. I called to arrange an "advanced exchange" on 10/2 and got my e-mail confirming my RMA # and a promise that an identical replacement would be issued to me and I'd have it in 4-5 business days. Alas, after calling and dealing with horrible phone reception and badly broken English on the other side, I discover that they were SUPPOSED to send me a code to use on the Motomaker site so I could create it on my own and it would supposedly be expedited to me within 2 business days.

So now I have to wait 1-2 days for the code to arrive in e-mail and then supposedly I'll get it within 2 business days from then.

I'm not.......holding my breath........

Worst. Customer service. Ever.

azdmelani

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site

Good luck jephanie.

Weirdly enough, my earpiece started working again. Go figure

PDXNW

Sep 19, 2015
Visit site
I shipped my MXPE back after about a week of owning it. I liked most things about it, but the awful battery life and the roasting hot CPU under fairly moderate use killed it for me. I picked up a 64GB Note 5 for essentially $400 off contract and am loving it so far. That 6P was pretty tempting but something just didn't quite do it for me...

jephanie

Nov 11, 2011
Visit site

I finally received my code to order a replacement. And the code is invalid.

Motorola's customer service sucks.