SIM card not seated well so I damaged the SIM slot on my Moto X Pure Edition

Gunrack

Jun 3, 2013
Visit site
I got my brand new Moto X Pure yesterday and I might have broke it. I must have not had the sim card seated well in the tray and when I put it in the phone it bent the contacts on one side to the point where it won't see the sim. I took it to AT&T last night and we tried several more sims with no luck.

This morning now that I've got to work I used a microscope to look down the slot and sure enough the pins are bent.

I called Moto care last night and told them the phone would not see the sim and it could have been something I did or for all I know it came this way.

I had two options. One send the phone back and then wait for a new one to be built and it would take about 2 weeks they said. Or, pay 29.99 and I would have my new phone by Monday. 4 business days. I would then send the old one back. Since I may have been at fault I opted to pay the 29.99.

I did get him to agree that if the phone is not delivered by Monday I get the 29.99 back. So we will see.

Being a new phone that I preordered and then had to wait 2 weeks to get I'm a little skeptical that they will be able to bump my order to the top and get it out. I did get an email that already had a tracking number attached (doesn't show anything at FedEx just yet :)).

I wondered about the custom setup I had and he said it was all based on the IMIE number. With that they know my customization's and the new phone should come exactly like the broke one.

Damn!

I will say the phone is awesome in what little I've used it via wi-fi.

ibcop

Trusted Member
Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
Re: Okay, this sucks.

Damn, that sucks bit at least you owned up to your possible mistake - most wouldn't.

Two weeks isn't bad - I'm still waiting and now don't get mine until next week - Moto claims mine is built but can't tell me why the delay.

Clocks

Aug 27, 2010
Visit site

I thought the sim/sd card situation was a little flaky too. I had to be extra careful putting mine in and luckily nothing broke. Hope your new phone gets in soon!

Rocketsaucev2

Feb 5, 2013
Visit site

I thought the sim/sd card situation was a little flaky too. I had to be extra careful putting mine in and luckily nothing broke. Hope your new phone gets in soon!
I agree and will not be ashamed to admit I had my wife help me lol. She's better at that sort of thing or I could have been op! The whole tray is so small

Sent from my XT1575

Adiliyo

Oct 17, 2009
Visit site

i was worried about it when putting the SIM/SD card in too, i wish it had a better lip for the cards to slot into, they are easy to have in partially and not notice. my SD card was not fully in the slot and when i realized that i was needing to apply what seemed to be too much pressure to insert the tray, i looked again and it was just barely askew.

most other trays i've used give a fairly positive click when the card is seated properly. hopefully this doesn't happen to too many people

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mmax36884