Anyone swapping out the mxp for the nexus 5x or 6p

Status
Not open for further replies.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
I am not. I liked the keynote and all but a lot of what they showed (besides a few hardware things like camera) were big updates in Android M. I figure Moto won't be too far behind so soon I'll have M :).

VoltaicShock

Nov 18, 2009
Visit site
I am still debating but leaning towards the Moto X

My only issue is I am used to getting updates quickly as I have been using Nexus devices for the past two years.

scott1001001

Aug 20, 2014
Visit site
I see no reason to ever own a Nexus device. Another phone without expansive memory. When it comes to the hardware they support for the Nexus brand, Google does not care what their customers want. I find this to be good though as it allows other manufacturers to offer features their homegrown phones don't have.

Dojam

Aug 18, 2010
Visit site
Let me be the first one, I pre order the 6P, I like the Moto XPE but I want to try the N6P and find out which one will provide me a better experience.

RikkiRay

Sep 2, 2015
Visit site
Nope, I really like my MXPE. Nothing revealed about the new Nexus phones makes me want to switch. The MXPE is performing very well for my needs & usage. YMMV.

LongbranchPennywhistle

Sep 18, 2015
Visit site
Just got my MXPE today, and I'm pretty sure I'm going to be keeping it. So far it's been a great device, and the nexus really does look appealing...but, I'd also be paying more for the 64 gig version than I did for my X, I'd be giving up the customization aspect which I love (Black with Red Accents and Dark Blue back just looks sexy as hell to me), and the SD card slot. I mean, a fingerprint scanner would be nice, and so would USB Type-C, but I still like my X better overall, and it seems like it really fulfills all my needs.

cwise222

Apr 26, 2012
Visit site
Definitely keeping my X Pure. Does everything I need it to do and the 5X is a downgrade, to me anyway, and the 6P has little to make it 'better' then the Pure. I will never, never, buy any Android phone with less the 3GB of RAM. Yeah, it's stock Android but Android and memory leaks are pretty much best friends. 2GB just isn't enough these days, not unless Google got the memory issues really under control in M. The fingerprint sensor is not a huge issue for me, plus it's on the back of the phone. Moto Display is more useful for me since my phone is usually sitting on a desk and a fingerprint sensor on the back of the phone would save me no time unlocking the phone. I honestly would have a hard time having a phone without Moto Display at this point.

The 6P is pretty toe to toe with the X Pure but a fingerprint sensor, again on the back and not useful for me personally, a slightly bigger battery and LPDDR4 RAM instead of LPDDR3 isn't enough to get me to switch. It'll be a good month, it seems, to get the 6P and its's more expensive then the Pure. I may have to wait a few extra weeks to get software updates, at least big ones, but I'm ok with that.

Had I never gotten the Pure I might have been swayed by the 6P but I"m happy with the Pure.

David Rosen

Apr 15, 2013
Visit site
The only things I like about the 6P over my X Pure are the fingerprint scanner and the camera that may or may not actually be better. I'm happy with my X Pure. Over 2 weeks with it and I'm still in love :)

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk

krazyatom

Trusted Member
Jan 4, 2015
Visit site
I think MXP did a good job this year overall. I was bit interested in nexus 5x but felt like it was not worth it.

Sent from my ONE A2005 using Tapatalk

YankInDaSouth

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site
Staying put ... I am really digging the Pure - is it perfect? Of course not, but it is doing me good and I am confident Moto will do their best to iron out the kinks that are present. Also fairly confident we'll be seeing 6.0 relatively quickly too, so I am excited for the furture of the X

walter1832

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
I'm sticking with the MXPE. Nothing in the 6P makes me want to feel like switching. The following list is subjective, so YMMV.

Pros
1 cheaper
2 near stock Android, will get M update quickly
3 Moto extras (assist, etc)
4 expandible memory
5 Moto Maker makes it personalized

Cons
1 battery? (mine has been pretty good, but I hear other not happy with it)
2 fingerprint sensor (i'm not really into this)
3 Roethlisburger out for 4-6 weeks, damn!
4 other feature that N6P has that moto doesn't goes here
5 profit!

radgatt

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
I am staying with the Pure Edition. Had that Nexus 5x had 3 GB of RAM and stereo speakers it would have made the decision much more difficult. I still would have stayed though. I just hope Motorola updates to Android M quickly afterwards. If this doesn't get M by the end of the year I may be thinking about a different phone.

krishnansasikumar

Sep 20, 2015
Visit site
I might switch to the Nexus, but it has nothing to do with the MXPE as such. I want Project Fi, and if it doesnt work on the MXPE, then I'll switch over to the Nexus.

I love the Moto Actions, Voice and Display features and use all of them extensively. Not sure if I'll be happy in the Nexus without them.

Fingerprint Scanner as of now, isnt a big deal for me, neither is a better camera. Maybe 2 years down the line, when the fingerprint scanner is wholly integrated with everything, I will need it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87