Phone rebooting over and over again

cwise222

Apr 26, 2012
Visit site
So a few days ago my Moto X Pure rebooted on it's own in the middle of the night, which woke me up a 3AM thanks to the bright white Moto X splash screen, and I though it was a random one of thing but the yesterday it did it again in the middle of the night and now it has done it 3 times so far today. I'm backing everything up now so I can do a master reset in a bit but anyone else run into this? I removed the 2 apps I have installed since then, there are no memory leaks as far as I can see, and the phone otherwise works just like it did when I got it.

I'd prefer not to have to do an advanced exchange with Moto but I will if need be, especially since there likely isn't very many 'Like New' Moto X's yet in my exact configuration and I'll probably end up with another new one.

Uncle Louie

Jun 14, 2010
Visit site
I haven't had that happen with mine...I'm guessing that a factory reset should take care of it. My XPE has been rock solid.

cwise222

Apr 26, 2012
Visit site
No reboots so far after the factory reset but I'll give it some time. I don't see it being hardware related since I was in the first wave of people to get the X and it is just now happening. At most a bad flash or whatever from the factory and something get's messed up at some point. If it was just a random reboot once in awhile I wound't mind that much but it once it starts it seems to accelerate.

If it does it again I suppose I'll just swap it out. It's why warranties exist after all.

cwise222

Apr 26, 2012
Visit site
Phone started rebooting in the middle of the night again after a factory reset so back off to Motorola it goes.The interesting thing is when it does this and I check the battery stats it shows a gap of 3 to 4 hours, almost like the phone forgot what happened the past 3 or 4 hours. Even the apps running in the background from 4 hours ago will reopen and double up, like there will be 2 app listings for settings, messenger, etc, even if they had been closed out before.

anon(19981)

May 2, 2010
Visit site
I had one reboot after having this phone for an hour or two but nothing in the 16 days since. I was updating and loading tons of apps at the time of my reboot.

Posted via the Android Central App

mabr82

Jul 17, 2012
Visit site
Sounds like a faulty battery. I had similar problem with my N5. Would power down then reboot. And come back on at say 5% power but gradually increase the % without being plugged in generally up to within about 4%-5% of previous level.

Mine got replaced under warranty.

Send it back

Posted via the Android Central App

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87