03-27-2016 10:50 AM
552 ... 1112131415 ...
tools
    Haven't had a chance to test it but, yeah, that's what it looks like.

Posted via the Android Central App
    Actually i take that back, it looks exactly like the global one, but it looks like it maintains a separate setting, so I bet that doesn't work. I'll probably accept the mm update tonight and see.

Most of my listening is through BT so I never benefitted anyways except for the random video.
    dmark44 likes this.
    12-09-2015 04:39 PM
    Be nice!

It is the same settings and appears to still be global. If it were linked to the Play Music app, I should not be able to mess with settings when the Play Music app is disabled, but I can. I created a shortcut to the Audio Effects with QuickShortcut (handy app!).

Audio Effects are accessible with the QuickShortcut app, so no need for the Play Music app.
    VoltaicShock, RikkiRay and dmark44 like this.
    12-09-2015 05:13 PM
    Has anyone got the new Google camera? I thought I'd get it after MM but I guess it's Nexus only.
    12-09-2015 05:44 PM
    Has anyone got the new Google camera? I thought I'd get it after MM but I guess it's Nexus only.
    I prefer Motorola's app to Google's. My 5X's UI is laggy from portrait to landscape transition & HDR+ processing when taking multiple pics. It's a shame Google has not ironed this out by now.
    12-09-2015 06:16 PM
    Does anyone notice any significant lag while in certain apps when you have them loaded on the micro SD card when the card is formatted as internal memory (not formatted as portable)?

Said apps that I have noticed significant lag are: Facebook, Facebook Pages Manager, Instagram, Snapchat, and the Amazon app.

I'd imagine this is probably more than a Moto X Pure issue and more likely than not has something to do with the OS Update itself.. But was just wondering if anyone else has had any similar issues / limitations.
    12-09-2015 06:19 PM
    I prefer Motorola's app to Google's. My 5X's UI is laggy from portrait to landscape transition & HDR+ processing when taking multiple pics. It's a shame Google has not ironed this out by now.
    I use the Google camera for photosphere and other specific features.

The new camera improved lag lot on my Nexus phones. Still not as fast as Moto camera, but better.
    12-09-2015 06:23 PM
    Does anyone notice any significant lag while in certain apps when you have them loaded on the micro SD card when the card is formatted as internal memory (not formatted as portable)?

Said apps that I have noticed significant lag are: Facebook, Facebook Pages Manager, Instagram, Snapchat, and the Amazon app.

I'd imagine this is probably more than a Moto X Pure issue and more likely than not has something to do with the OS Update itself.. But was just wondering if anyone else has had any similar issues / limitations.
    What card are you using?
    12-09-2015 06:29 PM
    What card are you using?
    64GB Sandisk Extreme Plus SDXC UHS-3
    dmark44 likes this.
    12-09-2015 06:32 PM
    Be nice!

It is the same settings and appears to still be global. If it were linked to the Play Music app, I should not be able to mess with settings when the Play Music app is disabled, but I can. I created a shortcut to the Audio Effects with QuickShortcut (handy app!).

Audio Effects are accessible with the QuickShortcut app, so no need for the Play Music app.
    I admit I'm dense sometimes, but how do you access Audio Effects through an app like QuickShortcut?
    12-09-2015 07:27 PM
    I admit I'm dense sometimes, but how do you access Audio Effects through an app like QuickShortcut?
    Attached Thumbnails Android 6.0 Marshmallow for the Moto X Pure Edition (24.11.18)-24500.jpg  
    rushmore and RikkiRay like this.
    12-09-2015 07:36 PM
    64GB Sandisk Extreme Plus SDXC UHS-3
    Left my SD card portable on my MXPE so I don't have a direct comparison. However, in using an Extreme Pro as internal storage on my One A9 and I've had no issues whatsoever.

12-09-2015 07:50 PM
    Can anyone, or better yet, a few of you, confirm that the mobile hotspot still works for verizon with grandfathered unlimited data plans after the marshmallow update?

BlackTri3Lights
    Works for my Grandfathered on Unlimited on VZW.
    12-09-2015 07:54 PM
    MTeator: I'm lost. What is the screenshot from, and how would I link Audio Effects? Sorry, I'm just not following.
    12-09-2015 07:56 PM
    Left my SD card portable on my MXPE so I don't have a direct comparison. However, in using an Extreme Pro as internal storage on my One A9 and I've had no issues whatsoever.

Only made mine internal because I can't find a way to move apps to the micro SD otherwise (without rooting, which isn't my cup o tea).

Once an app updates.. It kicks it to internal storage.. And I'm somewhat of a 'power user' if you will.. So I have a lot of apps.. Namely games, as I don't get a whole lot of time on a computer these days (kids and/or my girl always on the computer). So being able to house a lot of apps and whatnot on my micro SD is almost a must, for me (a reason why I went with the MXPE over a Nexus 6).

As an aside.. That's one thing WP had nailed down (I'm coming from a Lumia). You could load almost (literally) any app onto the micro SD without a flaw or lag.

Hoping this is a software glitch that gets patched with a future update. For now.. I have the handful of apps that cause issues loaded to internal storage. I don't ever see that being a problem.. More of a random gripe about an issue that IMO, shouldn't exist this far along in the mobile tech game.
    12-09-2015 08:01 PM
    MTeator: I'm lost. What is the screenshot from, and how would I link Audio Effects? Sorry, I'm just not following.
    The screenshot is from the app that was mentioned.. There is a tab for apps and another for 'activities' (Audio Effects as an example) that you can link to your home screen. There is also a favorites tab and a history tab.
    12-09-2015 08:11 PM
    Use the second Audio Effect link. Save as favorite and then press Create. Should be in your home pages after pressing.
    RikkiRay likes this.
    12-09-2015 08:12 PM
    So far this has been the smoothest system update I've ever had.

Ry, Laura Knotek and dmark44 like this.
    12-09-2015 09:18 PM

You should expect that with an encrypted SD card. SD speeds still don't match eMMC 5.x and definitely won't touch UFS 2.0. My UHS-I U3 card is about as fast as my 2013 Moto X's eMMC in sequential read/write (both unencrypted), but performance falls apart with random reads/writes. A lot of that is due to the integrated controller in the SD card. They've never been that great at handling random reads/writes.

My U3 card benches at 82MB/s read (seq), 28MB/s write (seq). Cut that in half (or more) when encrypted.
    Shimon Mor likes this.
    12-09-2015 09:30 PM

So, so, SO much better than the lollipop update last year!

Laura Knotek and ffejjj like this.
    12-09-2015 10:39 PM
    I am on AT&T in Austin Tx and I got my update notice around noon and updated once I got back to my office. I didn't have to take out my SIM or do anything like that. No issues during the update and so far so good. I did notice that it didn't recognize my phone as a USB device when I plugged it into my PC like it usually does but I got that figured out.

I also ordered a 2014 64GB Pure Edition last week to use as a backup or when I want a smaller and lighter phone and it arrived this morning so I set it up today too. I totally forgot that with Marshmallow, Moto was dropping Migrate, so I had to download an app to do it but that seemed to go OK. Had I remembered that, I would have waited to update my 2015 until everything was transferred over to my 2014 but no biggie.

I will use my 21014 PE tomorrow for the day just to get it set up like I like it and I hear it will get the Marshmallow update early next year. I will go back and forth between my 2014 and 2015 for the next few days to see the differences between Marshmallow and Lollipop.
    12-09-2015 10:40 PM

I concur. I haven't had any issues with it, and the update itself installed quickly.
    12-09-2015 10:41 PM
    I concur. I haven't had any issues with it, and the update itself installed quickly.
    I didn't even have to factory reset (which I normally do after an update)

So much better than the lollypop fiasco.

thejesse and Laura Knotek like this.
    12-09-2015 10:46 PM
    I didn't even have to factory reset (which I normally do after an update)

So much better than the lollypop fiasco.

I didn't have to reset either.
    12-09-2015 10:57 PM
    You should expect that with an encrypted SD card. SD speeds still don't match eMMC 5.x and definitely won't touch UFS 2.0. My UHS-I U3 card is about as fast as my 2013 Moto X's eMMC in sequential read/write (both unencrypted), but performance falls apart with random reads/writes. A lot of that is due to the integrated controller in the SD card. They've never been that great at handling random reads/writes.

My U3 card benches at 82MB/s read (seq), 28MB/s write (seq). Cut that in half (or more) when encrypted.
    But with only some apps and not others? That's kind of random. Netflix and some resource hungry games run smooth as butter.. But amazon app acts like I'm trying to run it on an old Nokia brick phone.
    12-09-2015 10:58 PM
    I got the 6.0 Update I'm on AT&T

I can confirm I'm getting band 12.

Why don't I see the "Wifi Calling" feature in the 6.0 Update? The area I live in isn't the greatest coverage and I'm in the city too lol.

I thought we would see a wifi calling feature?
    12-09-2015 11:13 PM
552 ... 1112131415 ...