03-27-2016 11:50 AM
552 ... 1920212223
tools
    This is the downside of a rapid update to the latest Android. It's not the fault of Moto, it's the Android model. I won't even begin making the case to my customers to add MM features until late next year at the earliest, unlike our iOS apps which are already upgraded to SDK9.

Can't make an ROI case to support way less than 1% of your users on fringe devices.

This is the price you're paying for the latest and greatest Android experience. The phone and the OS are fine, the apps not so much.
    12-27-2015 01:48 PM
    Good to know!
    12-27-2015 04:30 PM
    Sigh.. Now my phone twice today has frozen and crashed while using the stock dialer..

Posted via the Android Central App
    12-27-2015 04:38 PM
    I upgraded my phone to MM a week ago and I immediately factory reset it and I have been running perfectly find on marshmallow
    12-27-2015 07:54 PM
    Glad I don't have these issues. The Marshmallow upgrade has been one of the best updates I've received on any of my devices.

Posted via the Android Central App on the Moto X Pure Edition
    12-27-2015 08:47 PM
    Hey guys, just wanted to say this is my first Android device and I'm loving it! As far as these problems you guys are having, maybe you should reset the device to factory and maybe that'll fix the issue. My Moto X is going pretty well except for one issue. The battery seems to die rather fast when using constantly but other than that, no issues.
    Ry likes this.
    12-28-2015 04:27 AM
    Hey guys, just wanted to say this is my first Android device and I'm loving it! As far as these problems you guys are having, maybe you should reset the device to factory and maybe that'll fix the issue. My Moto X is going pretty well except for one issue. The battery seems to die rather fast when using constantly but other than that, no issues.
    Reset and wiped cache 2wice. Dialer crashed the phone again this morning as I tried a to place a call.. No other apps open. Think its something with the Bluetooth connection starting it. Had just connect blue tooth headset 5 minutes before

12-28-2015 08:10 AM
    Oh the joys... Freeze, crash, phone reboots.. Sigh

Attached Thumbnails Android 6.0 Marshmallow for the Moto X Pure Edition (24.11.18)-27925.jpg  
    12-28-2015 08:13 AM
    I've had absolutely no problems on MM... I upgraded it out of the box and it's been smooth sailing so far
    12-28-2015 09:04 AM
    Reset and wiped cache 2wice. Dialer crashed the phone again this morning as I tried a to place a call.. No other apps open. Think its something with the Bluetooth connection starting it. Had just connect blue tooth headset 5 minutes before

Have tried resetting and using it without installing apps on it? To see if it is a deeper problem then one of your apps not playing well with your phone? Just because you do not have apps open does not mean they aren't running or their code changed something when it was installed. It really sucks you are having problems, and it would be nice to know what is causing your issues.
    12-28-2015 10:07 AM
    Gotta be your phone. Maybe just exchange it? I mean after all you have been through, you might as well just go for it. Sorry to hear you are having all this trouble, though. I have been on MM since the soak test and it has been fine. Good luck!
    12-28-2015 10:23 AM
    Gotta be your phone. Maybe just exchange it? I mean after all you have been through, you might as well just go for it. Sorry to hear you are having all this trouble, though. I have been on MM since the soak test and it has been fine. Good luck!
    Phone was fine on lolipop solid as a rock. The issues only after the update.

12-28-2015 12:39 PM
    The problems are definitely blue tooth related. Had been playing Pandora earlier no problem stopped it to do something and came back to it few hours later hitting play and there was no volume and the song would not play. So turned off the phone blue tooth and turned it back on and let it automatically connect again.. Soon as it did I hit play and it froze and then phone crashed..

12-28-2015 01:26 PM
    I'm glad my Moto X Pure Edition has been near perfect.
    12-28-2015 02:37 PM
    Another twist on the buggy mm.. I've noticed problems with the WiFi since last week where it would not maintain a connection and would not reconnect. Found out today that as soon as I turn off the Bluetooth radio, my WiFi starts working correctly.. These are not app related.. This is firmware in the phone from the update.. Somethings not right with the radios..

12-28-2015 02:50 PM
    Another twist on the buggy mm.. I've noticed problems with the WiFi since last week where it would not maintain a connection and would not reconnect. Found out today that as soon as I turn off the Bluetooth radio, my WiFi starts working correctly.. These are not app related.. This is firmware in the phone from the update.. Somethings not right with the radios..

Have you contacted Motorola?

eth555 and droidman2177 like this.
    12-28-2015 03:00 PM

We would all be experiencing those issues then.
    12-28-2015 03:03 PM

I use BT and wifi at the same time all day long, never had an issue with MM. Do a complete factory reset or reboot your phone into safe mode and see if the issue persists if you want to determine what the issue is (as opposed to providing a play-by-play of issues that only you are experiencing and claiming they are widespread).
    12-28-2015 03:32 PM
    I also use WiFi and Bluetooth simultaneously on a regular basis and haven't had any issues since the Marshmallow update.
    12-28-2015 03:37 PM
    I use BT and wifi at the same time all day long, never had an issue with MM. Do a complete factory reset or reboot your phone into safe mode and see if the issue persists if you want to determine what the issue is (as opposed to providing a play-by-play of issues that only you are experiencing and claiming they are widespread).
    Naw Google search wouldn't show that these problems are little common.. I mean they surely wouldn't write articles for just me..
    http://www.gottabemobile.com/2015/12...roblems-fixes/

12-28-2015 04:31 PM
    Naw Google search wouldn't show that these problems are little common.. I mean they surely wouldn't write articles for just me..
    Moto X Pure Edition Android 6.0 Update Problems & Fixes

Android 6.0 MMS Bug - I'm using Google Messenger and I have not had this issue occur. Is there an MMS bug thread in this forum?

Moto X Pure Android 6.0 Reboot Problems - I haven't had this issue occur.

Marshmallow Battery Life Problems - Battery life "cut in half"? Nope. Not for me. Battery is the same (you know, mythical SOT) as with Lollipop except it'll last longer when I leave it idle thanks to Doze.

Moto X Pure Android 6.0 WiFi Problems - I haven't had this issue occur. Wi-Fi is always on, even when I'm not connected to a network. (and Bluetooth is always on since I use a Moto 360).

Performance & Other Problems Only issue I have found so far is streaming 1440P YouTube, but I never really tested that with Lollipop.

You have issues with yours but many don't have the same issues you're having. I'd even say that the issues you're experiencing aren't even "common".
    12-28-2015 05:11 PM
    Got the update for Moto Migrate today announcing it won't work beyond 5.1 ... snort! Timing is just right for the 2 Pures arriving in our house next week and in advance of Schusters news on 6.0.
    Will use Migrate one...more...time on the OG Xs then they go into our home museum!
    I'm not sure, but your phones may arrive with 5.1.1 rather than 6.0. If so, go ahead and transfer your stuff with Migrate BEFORE you upgrade to 6.0. Then upgrade to 6.0 and do a Clear cache partition after the upgrade.

12-28-2015 05:19 PM
    I upgraded my phone to MM a week ago and I immediately factory reset it and I have been running perfectly find on marshmallow
    The reset probably wasn't necessary, since clearing the cache partition would probably have sufficed.

12-28-2015 05:22 PM
    Actually, clearing the cache partition is sufficient rather than a reset. Only reset when absolutely necessary.

12-28-2015 05:25 PM
    Lately within the past few weeks, been having issues with my device syncing Gmails, I have checked all settings, nothing has changed, I had no issues before, this is something new, I have also cleared cache in recovery, I have also deleted data in Gmail, seems to be more an issue when the screen is asleep, I have not installed any recent 3rd party apps. If I go to my Gmail and swipe down then the emails come in. Before I do a FR, does anyone have any suggestions.
    A friend of mine with Nexus 6X has observed the same behavior and I believe my MXPE did it the past few days. However as it was holidays and I didn't had so many e-mails I'm not 100% positive. I'll check it again tomorrow just to be sure.
    Did it happen with both Wifi and Data?
    12-28-2015 07:34 PM
552 ... 1920212223