Android 6.0 Marshmallow for the Moto X Pure Edition (24.11.18)

youngusaplaya

Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Re: Android 6.0 Marshmallow for the Moto X Pure Edition

I signed up for the soak test but never got the survey email, honestly just took my phone off airplane mode for break and checked for the update. I checked before I came into work 3 hrs ago and nothing was showing so I have no idea.

slick5150

Apr 2, 2015
Visit site

Huh. I just got the Marshmallow update and didn't realize I was even involved in the soak test. (was on my old Droid Turbo so maybe that just carried over? No idea)

I am on Verizon

Clocks

Aug 27, 2010
Visit site

Moto sent out an ooops letter someone goofed up
Apparently they said the oops was that this was a soak test but they sent it to some soak testers before telling them it was a soak test.

That doesn't really align with what some people are saying (who claim they were not signed up for the soak test).

Shimon Mor

May 5, 2013
Visit site

Just did the update. My external SD card (which I am keeping as portable) has been renamed from sdcard1 (I think that's what it was) to "5A0E-6B51" and now access to files on the SD card is SLOW. Whenever I open QuickPic or ES File Explorer it takes almost 10 seconds to access the card and the files slowly load. I rebooted, pulled the card (after ejecting) and still the same. It's a 128GB card that is mostly full and I really don't feel like reformatting. Any ideas?

cwise222

Apr 26, 2012
Visit site

Apparently they said the oops was that this was a soak test but they sent it to some soak testers before telling them it was a soak test.

That doesn't really align with what some people are saying (who claim they were not signed up for the soak test).

I think someone just goofed up in general and started pushing it to phone that were not supposed to have it. Considering how stable the firmware is I don't think it's a big deal other then people not under the NDA have it; but again the software is very stable so I don't think Moto is overly worried about little, general leaks. The people over at XDA wanting OTA links and all this other stuff...that's what Moto really does not want. I'm willing to bet that it'll be a short soak test and nothing big will pop up.

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site

Remember: most of the time, the soak test is the final release.

Posted via the Android Central App on the Moto X Pure Edition

n8prkr

Oct 6, 2013
Visit site

Can anyone confirm adoptable storage? Was missing from the release notes...
Thanks

Posted via the Android Central App

Laura Knotek

Moderator Captain
Jan 8, 2011
Visit site

Can anyone confirm adoptable storage? Was missing from the release notes...
Thanks

Posted via the Android Central App
Adoptable storage is a feature of Marshmallow. It will work with any device that supports microSD cards and is running Marshmallow.

Therealobieone

Jan 24, 2012
Visit site

What class sd card do you have? The read and write speed may cause you issues
Just did the update. My external SD card (which I am keeping as portable) has been renamed from sdcard1 (I think that's what it was) to "5A0E-6B51" and now access to files on the SD card is SLOW. Whenever I open QuickPic or ES File Explorer it takes almost 10 seconds to access the card and the files slowly load. I rebooted, pulled the card (after ejecting) and still the same. It's a 128GB card that is mostly full and I really don't feel like reformatting. Any ideas?

Shimon Mor

May 5, 2013
Visit site

What class sd card do you have? The read and write speed may cause you issues

It's a class 10 card and it was fast and instantaneous (or nearly so) before the update. After the update it slowed to a crawl. However, this morning it was back to full speed and I've had no issues since. So, my suspicion is that the card was being "re-indexed" or whatever you would call it under Android and that was slowing things down. Since the card was renamed, Android was seeing it as new card and any links to the card (ringtones, music, photos) were lost and needed to be re-established. At least that's my theory unless someone has a better explanation. Plus it's a 128GB card that's nearly full so if it was being scanned or indexed it would take longer than someone with a smaller, less full card.

Ntchwaidumela

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site

I see LG is already pushing Marshmallow to the G4, but we Pure owners are still waiting. What up MOTO???

Tom in Bristol

Sep 8, 2011
Visit site

Hummm ... Google dropped 6.0 on Oct 5th ...Sat is Dec 5th ... bet Moto would love to be able to claim a two month time frame.

(Note my avatar.)

popartist

Nov 11, 2010
Visit site

Hey it looks like the Pure will get Marshmallow before my Nexus 7 (2013 LTE), which theoretically has no excuses, so I have no complaints about Moto!

phxrick

Jul 16, 2011
Visit site

FYI My Htc One M8 is currently upgrading to marshmallow via OTA right now. Now waiting for Motorola.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
samahmed336699