unique perspective..

Ryaan Johnson

Aug 25, 2015
Visit site
So my 16 year old wanted a upgrade to her note 3, so I procurred her a note 5 off swappa. But the first one T-Mobile is giving me trouble unlocking so I rushed another unlocked one while I resolve this issue with T-Mobile. So I find myself with a extra note 5 for at least a few weeks and switching out between my moto x pure,, and the note. I am doing this so I can really get a feel for the strengths and weaknesses of both devices. Plus mxpe mm is a really buggy so lolipop on the note is comfortable. Things I notice right away? Missing motos turbocharge. On the notes plus side I have to admit the camera does take better looking pics easier. I'll update this as the weeks continue until I get the unlock code and put the note back on da swappa..

Posted via the Android Central App

the tall guy

Q&A Team
Sep 23, 2013
Visit site
Will be interesting to see what you think in a weeks time. I would miss stock Android. Is ur mxpe running Marshmallow, what bugs do you have?

thejesse

Sep 17, 2010
Visit site
It's unfortunate you are having a buggy experience with marshmallow. I know how frustrating that can be after the lollipop upgrade last year. Luckily My upgrade was seamless this year.

Ryaan Johnson

Aug 25, 2015
Visit site
How many apps do you have loaded? Even with this Android central app I had problem hour ago it wouldn't let me post replies in the forums. Kept saying I wasn't logged in, I had to go post from chrome. Nothing major just minor bugs. Like the dialer sometimes won't call people when you try to call someone from your text messages ..

Ryaan Johnson

Aug 25, 2015
Visit site
haha. I just suggested that to him HERE

Yeppers did a reset and as painful as it was it did help some and finding cm security and installing helped more but there is still quite a bit of random crashes and glitches in my mxpe.. Oh and I sold the note 5 last night hours after I unlocked it. The time with the note reminded me of the things I loved about the note but hated about samsung. I might revisit them next year if they put the sim card back into the note 6's.. But I'm still not feeling good with all the glitches in my mxpe. And even less happy that WiFi calling is not baked in like its supposed to be for T-Mobile. I will be honest.. I am ordering a 120 gig 6p today so I can try it out for the month trial.

MotoXr

Nov 27, 2015
Visit site
If your that disappointed with buggy MXPE, I promise it's software related and maybe you should jump to a custom ROM.

I didnt have any problems the first 3 weeks as stock. I just flashed to mm6.0, did bootloader unlock via adb and made an attempt at seamless root but that failed so I am running a custom debloated deodexed but otherwise stock ROM with a custom boot image. I haven't had any lagging, no glitches or anything. Full control, no ads but also no warranty anymo.

As for wifi calling.. I suppose it isn't needed but for a lousy carrier where you can't get signal. I used to have Sprint. They were terrible because of lousy coverage. AT&T is awesome in my area. T-Mobile is the worst. They are so bad, that <10miles away from any major highway and you have zero service. So, T-Mo's solution to gain wifi calling is to keep customers happy because of their lousy coverage map.
You have the power to go with a diff carrier with the Pure. Any reason your stuck on Tmo? Am I missing some sort of benefit with wifi calling?

David Rosen

Apr 15, 2013
Visit site
My gf and I both had a Note 4. I took the chance and got the MotoX Pure Edition, she stuck with upgrading to the Note 5. While I have absolute envy of her camera (it blows mine away),and her screen is a little nicer too, pretty much everything down the board is better on the Moto. Most importantly, performance. She's got lag here and there (especially when typing and in the texting app), and I've got nothing but smooth sailing.

Amy wineBerry

May 9, 2011
Visit site
Yeppers did a reset and as painful as it was it did help some and finding cm security and installing helped more but there is still quite a bit of random crashes and glitches in my mxpe.. Oh and I sold the note 5 last night hours after I unlocked it. The time with the note reminded me of the things I loved about the note but hated about samsung. I might revisit them next year if they put the sim card back into the note 6's.. But I'm still not feeling good with all the glitches in my mxpe. And even less happy that WiFi calling is not baked in like its supposed to be for T-Mobile. I will be honest.. I am ordering a 120 gig 6p today so I can try it out for the month trial.

Do you think the glitches app related?

Oooo I think you will enjoy the 6p. I have one and am super happy with it overall. Can't lie though, I find it great that the MXPE keeps up with the 6p in almost every regard. I'm pulled toward the MXPE more and I can't quite figure out why. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
But I'm still not feeling good with all the glitches in my mxpe. And even less happy that WiFi calling is not baked in like its supposed to be for T-Mobile.

Yeah I was talking about this in another thread (http://forums.androidcentral.com/mo...5-6-0-marshmallow-t-mobile-2.html#post4912889). I am not sure why Motorola didn't include it within the update since WiFi calling is baked directly into MM.

Also that sucks there are that many issues :( .. Almost makes me glad I didn't wait on my MXPE for the update and decided to try the 6P.

Ryaan Johnson

Aug 25, 2015
Visit site
Yeah I was talking about this in another thread (http://forums.androidcentral.com/mo...5-6-0-marshmallow-t-mobile-2.html#post4912889). I am not sure why Motorola didn't include it within the update since WiFi calling is baked directly into MM.

Also that sucks there are that many issues :( .. Almost makes me glad I didn't wait on my MXPE for the update and decided to try the 6P.

I'll be honest. I'm going to try the 6p and probably the lgv10 also.. None have exactly what I like the best. So I'm now seeing which combination of trade offs I can live with. I wish I could combine the desirable things all in one phone.. Take motos customisable design, SD card, and dual front speakers then give me the removable battery and camera from the lgv10, the wireless charging and display of the note 5, and run it all on the 6ps pure Android..

Ryaan Johnson

Aug 25, 2015
Visit site
If your that disappointed with buggy MXPE, I promise it's software related and maybe you should jump to a custom ROM.

I didnt have any problems the first 3 weeks as stock. I just flashed to mm6.0, did bootloader unlock via adb and made an attempt at seamless root but that failed so I am running a custom debloated deodexed but otherwise stock ROM with a custom boot image. I haven't had any lagging, no glitches or anything. Full control, no ads but also no warranty anymo.

As for wifi calling.. I suppose it isn't needed but for a lousy carrier where you can't get signal. I used to have Sprint. They were terrible because of lousy coverage. AT&T is awesome in my area. T-Mobile is the worst. They are so bad, that <10miles away from any major highway and you have zero service. So, T-Mo's solution to gain wifi calling is to keep customers happy because of their lousy coverage map.
You have the power to go with a diff carrier with the Pure. Any reason your stuck on Tmo? Am I missing some sort of benefit with wifi calling?

I do not want to have to root and custom rom anymore.. And Android pay doesn't work then

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmeliaRodriguez