storage doesn't add up

stanleywinthrop

Apr 17, 2013
Visit site
Hello, I've got a conundrum regarding the storage on my 16 GB pure. I've got a 32 GB SD card formated as internal. The first pic shows my overall usage. I've moved every app possible to internal, but as you can see 4.22 GB of my internal is still used. You might assume that I have 4.22 GB of apps that can't be moved to the SD card, but no, see pic #2. According to that only have 1.9 GB of apps on internal storage. What is using that missing 2 GB of internal storage?

Posted via the Android Central App

Attachments

• 432.jpg
    432.jpg
    13.6 KB · Views: 55

rochebd

Mar 29, 2016
Visit site
Hey,

I have a 16 GB Pure and was using a SD card as internal, so I had this same question. I made a post about it on Reddit on the r/MotoX subreddit called "General Storage Question." I couldn't give you a detailed, technical explanation, but I supposedly had 9.61 GB of actual internal storage, but it would be full when I had around 4.5 GB of apps installed on the phone and I couldn't figure out why I couldn't use that "dead" space. I reformatted my SD back to portable, and the full 9.61 GB opened back up for use. As I understand it, it has to do with formatting and I remember linking to another thread where someone gives a very detailed explanation of the formatting and differences between SD cards formatted as internal vs portable. Basically, I had more usable space keeping my SD card formatted for portable use, which may be the case for you as well. Because I'm at work and Reddit is blocked here, I can't link them for you, but I'll try to remember to do it when I get off tonight. Hope this helps somewhat.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty