MXPE vs. Galaxy S5

browntribealier

Apr 1, 2014
Visit site
Anyone own(ed) both the MXPE and the Galaxy S5? Thinking about pulling the trigger on the MXPE, and am coming from the S5. Mainly, I'm interested in the differences in camera performance between the two. The S5 has served me pretty well, but isn't anything too fantastic. Wondering how the MXPE camera stacks up to the S5. Any feedback is greatly appreciated.

telrod11

May 8, 2013
Visit site
I've just switched, about a month ago, so here are some things I have noticed:

- I miss the stock Samsng messaging app. I liked the way it worked for sending group texts as individual threads, and the delay send. I have found a close replacement in Yaata, though.

- I miss the water resistance and durability of my S5. Yes, the MXPE is water resistant, but you wont find any videos with people dropping it in water or the torture tests you see on the S5.

-The camera app and pictures are better on the S5.

Now, past these things, I wouldn't go back to my S5.
The Moto has a much cleaner Android experience. I don't have to reboot it every other day like I did my S5, with all it's bloatware.

Moto Voice - Love it! Especially compared to that crap on Samsung , S Voice.

Battery has been much better on the Moto, but that may be because of age of my S5 than anything else.

Pull the trigger. You'll be glad you did....

Dom12

Dec 23, 2013
Visit site
- I miss the water resistance and durability of my S5. Yes, the MXPE is water resistant, but you wont find any videos with people dropping it in water or the torture tests you see on the S5.

I don't have a video of it, but I did drop mine in the toilet (clean fortunately!) about a week after getting it. Of course I wasn't doing it as an intentional test, so I pulled it out & dried it off as quick as possible. But it survived and hasn't shown any effects in the months since.

Joe Goodwin1

Jun 28, 2014
Visit site
I have had both and have the MX now and I can say the x is far better. But it should be because it's 1.5 yrs newer.

I prefer LCD over amoled all day, though.

The only category the s5 might take is battery

Posted via the Android Central App

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
I don't have a video of it, but I did drop mine in the toilet (clean fortunately!) about a week after getting it. Of course I wasn't doing it as an intentional test, so I pulled it out & dried it off as quick as possible. But it survived and hasn't shown any effects in the months since.

I don't think we'd want to see that video anyway.. ;)

Posted via the Android Central App on the Moto X Pure Edition

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87