Case-Mate Tough Frame

pizza_pablo

Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
I have been using a Case-Mate Tough Frame bumper, for the Moto X Pure, for a year. I love it, but it is starting to split near the head phone jack and USB connector.
Case-Mate no longer produces it. Motorola is out if stock.
It's not on Amazon or eBay.
I contacted Case-Mate to ask how I could find one and the gentleman that contacted me went so far as to ask around to see if any coworkers knew where one might be. No joy.

Does anyone here have one they would part with or know where I could find one?

Last edited:

pizza_pablo

Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
I'll still be glad to buy one from someone that has a Tough Frame they'd be willing to part with.
I can't find one anyplace, so I decided to try and make my own.
I happened to have an Incipio Octane case that I didn't care for. It became the experiment.
I used a straw as a guide to draw a border around the area I wanted to keep.
I drilled holes in the corners and around the perimeter of my cutting area and finished the cut with a brown cutting wheel & Dremel.
I then broke off the melted pieces and sanded down the edges with 220 grit sand paper.

Attachments

• 51309.jpg
    51309.jpg
    50 KB · Views: 18

pizza_pablo

Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
It's not as beautifully contoured as the CASE-MATE Tough Frame, but seems sturdy and will get the job done.
I love the feel of the back of the MXPE and the ridge of the bumper allows good grip for finger / thumb removal from pocket.
I also need an open back because I use my phone in a NAV dock for streaming music and Waze, while driving.
It's ok in the winter, but in the summer the phone heats up easily.

Attachments

• 51315.jpg
    51315.jpg
    51.5 KB · Views: 16
Last edited:

SmartAssBill

Mar 22, 2017
Visit site
i have the same bumper and love it!! same issues with the cracks. i went with bumper because i got the black wood back and wanted to show it off. can not find that bumper anywhere!!