US Pure Nougat Is Finally Rolling Out!

sybilwayne30

Feb 2, 2011
Visit site
After reading several of the posts, I went to Walmart; bought a Boost Mobile 'bring your on phone' kit for $10; installed the SIM card and in just a few minutes the update started downloading. DaveD63 is right. it feels like a new phone. Bluetooth issues are gone. Thanks to all who posted solutions.

itic

Feb 20, 2013
Visit site
Hate to be debbie downer but with the feature and performance improvements achieved with N its a shame that the MXPE has been abandoned from future OS updates even though it has the capable hardware..

Just checked Swappa and MXPEs in good condition can be had for a mere $135....

Coresh

Sep 23, 2015
Visit site
It's an old phone, guys. Maybe it's hard to accept, but it's old. Specially with its 3GB RAM, which only 2.5GB RAM available. These are specs of a 4 years old phone. I get lag all the time. And it's heating up like a stove. This is an OK phone, nothing more.

patchs

Mar 30, 2011
Visit site
After almost 2 weeks with Nougat, it is like having a new phone. Battery life has improved and it's as quick as ever. That said, I'm close to getting the new Moto X4. I like Alexa plus it will get Oreo. My next question is whether to get it from Amazon where I can get an extra $50 off (making it $279) and have to deal with the lockscreen ads or from Moto and pay the $400. I could get it from Project Fi and cancel service but I'd like to have Alexa.

acejavelin

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
After almost 2 weeks with Nougat, it is like having a new phone. Battery life has improved and it's as quick as ever. That said, I'm close to getting the new Moto X4. I like Alexa plus it will get Oreo. My next question is whether to get it from Amazon where I can get an extra $50 off (making it $279) and have to deal with the lockscreen ads or from Moto and pay the $400. I could get it from Project Fi and cancel service but I'd like to have Alexa.
Honestly, the X4 is an overpriced insult to the X line... Read the Android Police review (although it is of the Project Fi/Android One variant)... Heck, the name of the article is "Moto X4 (Android One edition) review: This is not the Moto X you're looking for", I would lol if it wasn't so sad to see how Moto has fallen. Moto X4 (Android One edition) review: This is not the Moto X you're looking for

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site

straygator7

Dec 13, 2013
Visit site
My wife's Samsung Galaxy Tab A tablet received the update to Nouget this evening, but our MXPE phones, which are on the Verizon network, have not yet received the update. I should note, however, that we're in no hurry, because both my MXPE, which is now almost 20 months old, and hers, which I bought for her last Christmas, are still functioning just fine. The battery life for my MXPE has started to decline a little, and sometimes I notice a slight lag in performance, but in general the phone is still an excellent device that operates flawlessly.

mrdoon

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
I got tired of waiting and did the same thing as Sybilwayne30 and I received the update about 5 minutes later. What this tells me is that, despite what Lenovo says, this is a limited (mostly Sprint) update. I hated spending even $10 more on this phone but that was apparently the only way I was going to get the update.

benjamminh

Apr 12, 2012
Visit site
Since it's my backup phone I don't want to spend anything on it. Definitely a black mark on Lenovo on how this has been handled, but they've done a good job so far with updates on the 2016 Z line.

acejavelin

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
It seems this has begun (continued or restarted???)... Several AT&T and T-Mobile users and a single (verified) Verizon user have posted in the official Lenovo forums as getting the update without any trickery, it just popped up and was available.

Verizon users seem to be getting a slightly different build, verified by screenshots... 25.11.23 vs 25.11.22 that everyone else is getting, no word on the exact difference yet.

Remember, the update seems to only be offered via push notification at this time... Jamming the Check for Updates button will NOT help you at all, Lenovo has to offer it to your device and it cannot be pulled at this time. Note if you get the notification take it quickly (within a few hours) and do not cancel it, or the window seems to close and you have wait until the next round that your phone is offered the update.