MotoX DE Rooted with stock 4.4.4 best WiFi tether?

scarpozzi

Jan 24, 2015
Visit site
I just bought a 2013 MotoX DE for VZN. I previously purchased Foxfi and had been using it on my Droid for a long while.

My MotoX shipped with 4.4.4. I unlocked it and rooted it yesterday. I read some old threads suggesting to backrev to 4.2.2, but had no luck switching ROMs with ClockworkMod as my recovery IMG. I switched to the more popular TWRP, but haven't had time to try again.

I found a WiFi tether app yesterday that works with root, but speeds are terrible. Does anyone have a 2015 update on the best 4.4.4 method for WiFi tether? I'd like to stay on my stock ROM and use an app, but with a good set of instructions, I can do anything.

Posted via the Android Central App

scarpozzi

Jan 24, 2015
Visit site
I installed WiFi Tether Router for $2.50 and it is working for me.

Anyone else doing something different? I have another app I installed, but it's down bandwidth is under 1M. WTR works great.

Posted via the Android Central App

Mark_Venture

Oct 30, 2009
mark.cdmaforums.com
My MotoX shipped with 4.4.4. I unlocked it and rooted it yesterday. I read some old threads suggesting to backrev to 4.2.2, but had no luck switching ROMs with ClockworkMod as my recovery IMG. I switched to the more popular TWRP, but haven't had time to try again.
Once you have 4.4.2 or above on your X, NEVER attempt to flash an older Stock Moto rom!! (i.e. don't downgrade).

As for tethering options once you are rooted... I have two suggestions...

1). See this app/thread -> [APP][MOD][Root]Hotspot Entitlement Bypass v… | Moto X | XDA Forums

2) Wifi Tether for root.

I continue to be successful using used the wifi_tether_v3_4-experimental1.apk from https://code.google.com/p/android-wifi-tether/
change device profile to galaxy nexus (cdma/lte)
check box: wifi-driver reload
check box: enabled routing fix

If you have troubles, its also suggested to...
check box: wifi-driver reload 2

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
danishpeer