Bluetooth pairing issues, no prompt to accept code.

nyc_rock

Aug 4, 2009
Visit site
Hi all. Trying to pair my Moto X to VW passat. The process goes like so:

1) Open bluetooth from the settings menu
2) Find "VW Car" and select
3) The car asks if I want to pair to the Moto X and gives me a pairing code

Now, on every other phone I have used (including Nexus 5, HTC One and Iphone 5S) a pop up on the phone shows me the same code the car is displaying and asks me to confirm. On the Moto X, no notification presents itself and the pairing request eventually times out. I then get a failure message on the phone "request timed out because pairing code was not confirmed".

Im sure there is a simple setting I am missing, but my brain has locked up. Anyone else experience this and can you please advise on a fix?

thanks.

NYRico#AC

Dec 26, 2009
Visit site
I just took delivery of a 2014 Subaru Forester XT with Nav. When I tried to pair my Samsung Galaxy S4 I received no prompt for the password either, but, I kept loosing connection. This is one of the most important features for me so I did research and found that the SGS4 has blue tooth issues with certain BT devices which is what brought me to this forum as I ordered and received a Moto X in the hopes that it would pair. I went through Subarus pairing steps with the Moto X and once again received no prompt for the BT password, but, it works flawlessly.

grooks

Jun 2, 2010
Visit site
I have a 2011 Acura and the Moto X did show a numerical field to enter the 4 digit code supplied by the vehicle's Nav.

Shawn Magm

Jan 16, 2013
Visit site
I have a Hyundai, and I've paired an iPhone 3G, Lumia 520, Samsung Galaxy S3, and an N5. None of the phones required entering a code. I made the phones discoverable, and then on my car display, I selected bluetooth pairing On my phone, my car was listed, and I selected that. It then paired.

Can you go to your phone settings, select bluetooth, pair a device, and when you see your car (make sure you have your car set to be discoverable), select that?

nyc_rock

Aug 4, 2009
Visit site
Thanks for the feedback guys. On a hunch I tried the reverse method from what I normally do. I first made the moto x discoverable and then initiated the pairing process from my car. I then got the pop up on my phone asking me to confirm the code. So it all worked.

Hopefully if anyone runs into this issue this thread will be a good resource.

Thanks again.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Biggles