I've got the new Moto X, you've got questions. Fire away!!!

el3ctronics

Jul 30, 2013
Visit site
Another request for more battery & camera info being that I'm sold on this thing aside from those two components. I keep hearing the camera is "better than the original" but that's not saying much since the original was the worst smartphone camera I had used since 2009. Can the camera compete with other flagships on the market? And how long has the battery lasted through your first few days of usage? 2,300 mah is a very small number for a 1080p screen so I'm extremely skeptical about it's endurance. Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Phil Nickinson

Android Central Editor Emeritus
Apr 21, 2009
Visit site
Given the specs' sheet, I'd say that battery life is everyone's biggest concern, but I see we'll have to wait on that, so off to the display I go.
How saturated it is? What about colours' reproduction? Are we on the annoyingly over-poppy side or more on the still not incredibly accurate but eye-pleasing one?

Off hand, I'd say probably in line with last year's model. Need to do more side by sides on that though.

Posted via the Android Central App

anon(47319)

Aug 8, 2010
Visit site
Does it have an IR blaster? With the new sensors on the front are you missing features like "double tap" for screen on featured with other devices?

Posted via Android Central App

Phil Nickinson

Apr 21, 2009
Visit site
Is there a compelling reason to shell out $499.00 USD for the 16g version when a 64g One Plus One can be had for $350.00? Likewise, what does it do $150.00 better than an N5? My head is scratching on the X 2014, just dont see it, at least as an unlocked purchase.

Gonna be a lot of soul searching on that, I think.

OTOH, I don't need a stupid invite to buy an mx. :p

Phil Nickinson

Apr 21, 2009
Visit site
You have the white model, but could you tell me if the black model comes with the same chrome like aluminum or if the back model has an adonized coating to make it darker?

I have black leather on black, with gray metal. (pic you see was from last week)

northead

Apr 25, 2013
Visit site
Off hand, I'd say probably in line with last year's model. Need to do more side by sides on that though.

The OG Moto X's panel was pretty poor, and not because of the 720p resolution (which certainly did not help). Hope to get my hands on it as soon as possible, but thanks for the answer.

Phil Nickinson

Apr 21, 2009
Visit site
How useful/gimicky are the hand gestures?

Is the new "set your own 'OK Google Now'" reliable?

Any word on when US versions will be available for preorder?

Thanks like always Phil!

It's not like you're constantly waving at the thing to use it. The IR stuff is subtle. (But a little creepy when you see it looking at you in the dark)

Mdbils484

Sep 8, 2014
Visit site
Stereo sound yes or no? The internet is all over the place on this issue with some reputably reviewers even claiming the X speakers are on par with the M8.

booboolala2000

Jan 12, 2010
Visit site
View attachment 135747

I'm on a plane today headed for Las Vegas, with the new Moto X safely in my pocket. I've been using it all weekend, and will continue to use it this week. If you've got questions, I've got some answers. Ask away!

(And do note that if I don't respond immediately, it's because I'm indeed traveling.)

Have at it!

How sharp is the screen?

And how is BT connectivity?

TheIowaKid

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
Not sure how to word this, but does the leather feel loose at all or is it glued down the whole length of the back? Like if you pushed your finger into it and wiggled, does the leather slide around?
Also,does the leather make it hard to pull out of your jeans pocket?

Posted via Android Central App

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty