Google now settings problem

cshmech

Oct 30, 2014
Visit site
It was working fine, but lately when I try to access the settings for Google now, it takes awfully long time to open. Until then its just blank screen.. Does this happen to anybody? Is this a known problem that I could fix?

Green_Laser

Sep 4, 2010
Visit site
Re: Google now settings problem....

Try going into:
Settings > apps > downloaded > running > all > Google search

In there, hit clear cache until you see it go down (some apps need multiple times for some reason), then hit force stop.

Then go back into app drawer and load Google search again

(Google search includes Google now)

cshmech

Oct 30, 2014
Visit site

Did all that and restarted the phone.. Still it persists. Takes about 15-20 secs to open the settings.

Green_Laser

Sep 4, 2010
Visit site

**scratching my head**

trying to find a solution for you. I see you can't uninstall and then reinstall.
Perhaps an update could help

if you go into system > apps > google seach and hit disable, does it ask you if you want to uninstall the latest versions and go back to the first version?
may want to give that a try, see that it's resolved, and then update back?

if I come across anything else I'll let you know

cshmech

Oct 30, 2014
Visit site

Hmm.. In the meantime I updated to android l.. Now it seems bit faster.. But still it takes about 10 secs to open.. But when I switched the profile to guest user, it opened instantaneously! You hit something?

cshmech

Oct 30, 2014
Visit site

Yep, just checked mine and it comes up instantaneously. So, I'm not sure what the problem could be. Could be a combo of things. Does your phone have similar issues with other Google apps?
No. Everything else works fine

akin_t

Sep 29, 2014
Visit site

Has it ever happened to somebody? Or have you ever known about this

Oh this happens to me too. I factory reset and it solved it, but then after installing some updates it came back again.

Posted via the Android Central App

Battleship

Oct 3, 2010
Visit site

It was working fine, but lately when I try to access the settings for Google now, it takes awfully long time to open. Until then its just blank screen.. Does this happen to anybody? Is this a known problem that I could fix?
Just started happening to me tonight. I'm on a Nexus 5, stock, and Google Now is only showing a couple of cards, which is unusual as I usually have at least a dozen, and going into settings freezes the phone. Best I'm getting right now is a black screen. Very strange.

cshmech

Oct 30, 2014
Visit site

Google now crashed once yesterday on my friends galaxy s5.. Something silly going on..

akin_t

Sep 29, 2014
Visit site

Just started happening to me tonight. I'm on a Nexus 5, stock, and Google Now is only showing a couple of cards, which is unusual as I usually have at least a dozen, and going into settings freezes the phone. Best I'm getting right now is a black screen. Very strange.

Yup, this is exactly my problem!

I go to the "Settings" and the phone freezes momentarily before the screen goes all black! I'm hoping this bug will be ironed out in Lollipop.

cshmech

Oct 30, 2014
Visit site

Yup, this is exactly my problem!

I go to the "Settings" and the phone freezes momentarily before the screen goes all black! I'm hoping this bug will be ironed out in Lollipop.
Nope.. I'm using lollipop and it still happens the same way when it was in 4.4.4..

It happens to me exactly how you described. Hope somebody in Google knows about this issue.. I sent them a feedback about the issue yesterday.. I think you should too..

akin_t

Sep 29, 2014
Visit site

Nope.. I'm using lollipop and it still happens the same way when it was in 4.4.4..

It happens to me exactly how you described. Hope somebody in Google knows about this issue.. I sent them a feedback about the issue yesterday.. I think you should too..

How do you even send feedback on Google Now? By rating the Google App?

cshmech

Oct 30, 2014
Visit site

Open Google settings. Touch the help icon on the right top. It'll take a snapshot of the screen and you can write your comments..

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmeliaRodriguez