Moto X MotoMaker shipping from China Now!

Officialxian

Aug 17, 2014
Visit site
I ordered the Moto X 2014 on 11/18, and was told I'd get it yesterday. It didn't ship until today, and it shipped from China, not Texas! FedEx says I should get it Monday 12/1, which irks me as I wanted this phone before the holiday.
cdVGHw1.png
rSnCV3H.png

So apparently Motorola is no longer shipping MotoMaker phones from Texas. SMH.

NoYankees44

Dec 20, 2011
Visit site
I believe they shut the Texas plant down a few months ago. I don't think that had any other facilities in the US...

Sent from my XT1096

luke31

Mar 16, 2010
Visit site
I ordered mine on the 20th, and the ETA is the 28th. It was supposed to ship by early today, but of course it hasn't. I spoke with Moto chat support and the representative claimed that there aren't any delays. According to her, the ETA is still the 28th. From reading about various experiences with Motorola shipping, however, I highly, highly doubt the accuracy of her ETA. Kind of a bummer.

sharkita

Dec 7, 2013
Visit site
I was thinking they weren't going to shut down the Texas plant until the end of the year, but I kind of assumed my 2014 Moto X didn't come from there anyway (I ordered mine the first week). Sad. And hey, maybe that's why it seems like more people are complaining about the wood backs peeling/coming loose than with the 2013 version?

Officialxian

Aug 17, 2014
Visit site
Yes, it'll still say made in China, as the components are made in China, but they're supposed to be assembled in the states. But I guess they're closing that assembly warehouse?

Officialxian

Aug 17, 2014
Visit site
I highly doubt you'll get it by the due date. Also, I've talked to Motorola Customer support almost every day due to one issue or another and I get lied to every single time. I'll never buy Moto again, as this has been literally my worst buying experience ever.

Papadakis

Oct 16, 2010
Visit site
Early Moto Maker versions were shipping from Texas and said Assembled in the USA on them. I ordered mine in late Oct, got it Nov 5, and it shipped from Texas but the box just says Made in China. So Texas was spitting out Moto Maker Xs as of a few weeks ago.

sharkita

Dec 7, 2013
Visit site
Early Moto Maker versions were shipping from Texas and said Assembled in the USA on them. I ordered mine in late Oct, got it Nov 5, and it shipped from Texas but the box just says Made in China. So Texas was spitting out Moto Maker Xs as of a few weeks ago.
That Texas plant meant FAST shipping. I got my 2013 Moto X super fast last year; the 2014 one took about a week longer, but I waited a few days after it became available to order, rather ordering it the minute MotoMaker had it available. I had a bit more willpower this year but not much.

Benny879

Jun 12, 2010
Visit site
I ordered my moto maker X last Wednesday and received it 5 days later Monday morning at 9:30 am. Came from China. I'd say that was damn fast.

Posted via the Android Central App

udazavlanje

Sep 23, 2012
Visit site
That's a bummer, especially knowing how it was fast and easy was to deal with buying or with returning last year. And assembled in US had a value to it too.
Google should have invested more info this company, so it can stay in US.

via AC App on VZW Moto X DE/N7

luke31

Mar 16, 2010
Visit site
I ordered my moto maker X last Wednesday and received it 5 days later Monday morning at 9:30 am. Came from China. I'd say that was damn fast.

It seems to be very hit or miss.

anon(27512)

May 28, 2010
Visit site
I ordered my X on the 19th with a delivery date of the 28th. Now it's my bday on December first. I Think I'll end up keeping the nexus 6 instead though.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tivativa