Moto X Gen 1 Battery Overnight Charging Issue.

Paritosh_J

Jan 11, 2015
Visit site
What happened is that I kept my Moto X gen 1 phone for charging at 11 pm in the night and was supposed to remove it after an hour or so, since i anticipated that it will be fully charged by then. However, i fell asleep and then woke up at 6. As a result, my phone got OVERCHARGED for nearly 6 hours straight. And this has happened TWICE.

Though Motorola claims that the battery is "over-charge proof", i think there is a possibility that there must have been some little damage to it, since this occurred twice. Please tell me if there might have occurred any damage to the phone battery?? even if it is very small. please tell.

Javier P

Ambassador
Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
Don't worry, your phone and battery are protected against overcharge. Motorola even recommends charging overnight (every night!).

The only thing. Try to avoid the battery discharging below 20% or so. It's OK now and then but not as a daily practice. That way the battery life will suffer.

nickname303

Dec 25, 2014
Visit site
I have always charged my phone overnight ever since I've been using mobiles (for 20 years). Its never ruined any of my phones

Posted via the Android Central App

pdaniel219

Jan 15, 2012
Visit site
I've had the 1st gen Moto X for a year and I've almost always charged it overnight. I have not seen any degrade in battery life, other than what would be expected from a years worth of use. I'm sure you're good.

Posted via Android Central App

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87