Car Dash Mount

Dom12

Dec 23, 2013
Visit site
Has anyone found a dash mount they really like?

I had a magnetic mount for my old phone I really liked, but with the curved, bamboo back on my MXPE, there's not a good way to mount the metal plate for it. I've decided I like the vent mounts, mostly 'cause it puts the phone in a better location that window/dash, which are further away. I'm also looking at CD mounts, tho I haven't tried one of those yet. I would like to find one that doesn't interfere with either the power/volume buttons on the side, or the headphone/usb ports on top/bottom. I'm just not seeing any really good solutions out there.

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site

Koato8

Apr 2, 2014
Visit site
I bought an "exogear exomount touch CD" a few days ago. I love it. Stays in place and can be adjusted easily. I was not about to put a magnet on my computer, this mount uses arms with rubber to grip.
Expensive but great.

Dom12

Dec 23, 2013
Visit site
I bought an "exogear exomount touch CD" a few days ago. I love it. Stays in place and can be adjusted easily. I was not about to put a magnet on my computer, this mount uses arms with rubber to grip.
Expensive but great.

I'll keep an eye on that to see if the price drops. You know your phone memory isn't affected by magnets, right?

ScottMGS

Aug 3, 2012
Visit site
I have a Kenu AirFrame+ (Kenu - Kenu) that I like. It fits today's wider phones. I also have the original Airframe (no "+") and it will barely fit a naked MXPE. The plus works fine.

Dom12

Dec 23, 2013
Visit site
I have a Kenu AirFrame+ (Kenu - Kenu) that I like. It fits today's wider phones. I also have the original Airframe (no "+") and it will barely fit a naked MXPE. The plus works fine.

Heh, I just put that on my Amazon wishlist after noticing it in a Lifehacker best-of list. In the video they have, it looks like it's pretty easy to put the phone in & take it out with one hand, but one Amazon reviewer said you needed 2 hands to put it in. Do you use 2 hands to get the phone in & out?

ScottMGS

Aug 3, 2012
Visit site
Heh, I just put that on my Amazon wishlist after noticing it in a Lifehacker best-of list. In the video they have, it looks like it's pretty easy to put the phone in & take it out with one hand, but one Amazon reviewer said you needed 2 hands to put it in. Do you use 2 hands to get the phone in & out?

I know taking it off with one hand is easy. I think I can put it in one-handed but I'll have to try later and get back to you.

Dom12

Dec 23, 2013
Visit site

Cool, I had the "[UPGRADED COMPONENT]" version of that on my list. My concern with that one was if the arms hit the volume buttons. Do you use the bottom support arms? Does the right side arm press on the volume down button, or does it contact below the buttons?

ScottMGS

Aug 3, 2012
Visit site
Also, if the Kenu seems to be too loose in the vent turn the connector 90 degrees. One way is good for thicker grill blades, the other for thinner.

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
The arms on the QuGi look a bit small. Is it able to hold your phone steady when you're tapping on the phone?

For me, it stays steady. But I hardly tap the phone (thank you Moto Voice).

KeyserS0ze

Oct 22, 2015
Visit site
I've used Pro-Clip in several vehicles and have had great experiences. I only had to order a new holder for my MotoXP as the base part is designed for your vehicle. Pricey yes but they work great and are very solid.

dPksHdw.jpg

I have a Kenu Airframe laying around but all it does is flop around on your heater vent and the phone hits the trim, meh.

Last edited:

petteriusa

Dec 31, 2015
Visit site
I've used Pro-Clip in several vehicles and have had great experiences. I only had to order a new holder for my MotoXP as the base part is designed for your vehicle. Pricey yes but they work great and are very solid.

I have a Kenu Airframe laying around but all it does is flop around on your heater vent and the phone hits the trim, meh.

This. I've used ProClip for years, a solid solution. And easy path as mentioned when you change phones. It also hold the phone equally well either in portrait or landscape mode.

Dom12

Dec 23, 2013
Visit site

Yikes, pricey is right! A custom mount for your specific phone/car combo is cool, but $110 is way too much IMO.

KeyserS0ze

Oct 22, 2015
Visit site
Yikes, pricey is right! A custom mount for your specific phone/car combo is cool, but $110 is way too much IMO.

It was right at $80 including shipping/tax to California for the center mount ($30) and phone holder ($35). It's painful yeah, but worth it for long term.

ScottMGS

Aug 3, 2012
Visit site
I know taking it off with one hand is easy. I think I can put it in one-handed but I'll have to try later and get back to you.

It might be possible to put it in one-handed but it's not easy.

Also, mine doesn't "flop around" unless I use the thick-blade setting instead of the thin-blade setting on the air vent side.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Marc Nepturn