Having some issues with the stock camera app

jamesnote

Sep 5, 2015
Visit site
Hello folks,
So after having owned the phone for a couple months now, I find my phone camera app to be quite useless. Perhaps I don't have the best settings for it yet, but twice I have lost pictures taken with my 3yo toddler when he started doing something. After taking the photos, I went back to Gallery, and only 1 or 2 pics are saved, the rest of the photos are just blank. I currently have the camera save all photos/vids to an ext. SD carđ, that is Samsung branded, wiht 64GB, HC.
Both time it was bright sunshine in the middle of a park (the boy was playing soccer for the first time!), and now I missed that opportunity. It'sunfortunate that I cannot capture those first moments, especially when I bought the phone for that whole puprose.

Does anyone know of any correct settings for the camera? Should I use a different microSD card? a different brand perhaps? Or should I just save the photos to internal card, which I really don't want to, since I only have 16GB of internal mem (a lot less actually)? Any feedback would greatly be appreciated. Thanks!

James