Why is my Moto X unable to play music or video?

A

AC Question

So I have a moto x phone, and I just recently updated to lollipop 5.1. Since then, my music has occasionally cut out, and it recently xut out for good. When I play music on Google play music, it gives me an error that says "could not play the track you requested." When I play music on Spotify, it says it's playing but no sound comes out from headphones or my phone speaker. I get an error message from YouTube, Snapchat just gives me a black screen, and I get an error message when I try to capture video. I tried clearing my media storage data and then restoring it, and that didn't work either.

jmcf399

Apr 1, 2016
Visit site

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Try booting into Safe Mode, which temporarily disables all 3rd party apps. https://motorola-global-portal.cust...prod_answer_detail/a_id/105543/p/30,6720,9197

If the problem disappears in Safe Mode, then something you installed is causing the problem. You may have to uninstall apps one by one until the problem disappears. If the problem persists in Safe Mode, then it's more likely to be a hardware or firmware problem.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals38