Bumper Cases for the Moto Z Force

tx_tuff

Aug 31, 2011
Visit site
Is the Verizon bumper case the only one out there? All the other bumper cases I see on Amazon have a back to them so I can not use the Mods.

After getting the bumper case from Verizon I stopped looking. After making the very small modification to it, it works great.

Faded03cobra198p

Mar 28, 2016
Visit site
What email did you use to contact them? We should all send them a request.

I used the one from their website. We could see who would be interested and let them know. Would be awesome if they would make one.

I just emailed them again and ask if we can get a list of potential pre-orders or possible customers if they would reconsider. I'll update when I hear anything. Here's the contact if y'all want to try and persuade them.

info@evolutivelabs.com
Attn: Alex

Last edited:

1901Madison

Jun 21, 2013
Visit site
I used the one from their website. We could see who would be interested and let them know. Would be awesome if they would make one.

I just emailed them again and ask if we can get a list of potential pre-orders or possible customers if they would reconsider. I'll update when I hear anything. Here's the contact if y'all want to try and persuade them.

info@evolutivelabs.com
Attn: Alex

I didn't like the verizon bumper. I keep scouring Amazon, but not finding anything.

ultimate_ed

Dec 23, 2009
Visit site
It's funny - I just found this forum. I had been using the quick link on the home page to go to the Moto Z forum, which has a Moto Z Droid edition sub-forum. I never knew there was a Force edition specific forum.

So, I had to learn the hard way about the bumper case flaw. It took me a while to figure out why my chargers stopped working, since the USB-C port is so much stouter than the micro-USB, it felt like it was still making a good connection when I plugged in.

I also ended up cutting out the bottom of the case as others have highlighted and all my cables started working again. Which was a relief as this is the only solution I've seen that gives protection for the edges and also allows mods to be connected.

Revolutionary

May 12, 2010
Visit site
I didn't like the verizon bumper. I keep scouring Amazon, but not finding anything.

Same boat. I caved and bought the Verizon bumper. It literally broke my blue Incipio style back. When I plugged in the USB-C cable, it pressed on that useless broad tongue that sticks up from the bottom rear of the bumper, which caused the style back to shift upward toward the top of the phone. The top left corner of the style back snagged on the corresponding corner of the bumper, torqued, and caused the corner of the style back to peel away, revealing the magnet inside.

Really struggling to find an adequate, thin case solution for this phone (most are too bulky, the thin TPU ones all seem to have a cut out that exposes the contact array on the back, and the bumper doesn't actually work with the style backs).

Last edited:

YAYTech

Jul 18, 2012
Visit site
Same boat. I caved and bought the Verizon bumper. It literally broke my blue Incipio style back. When I plugged in the USB-C cable, it pressed on that useless broad tongue that sticks up from the bottom rear of the bumper, which caused the style back to shift upward toward the top of the phone. The top left corner of the style bag snagged on the corresponding corner of the bumper, torqued, and caused the corner of the style back to peel away, revealing the magnet inside.

Really struggling to find an adequate, thin case solution for this phone (most are too bulky, the thin TPU ones all seem to have a cut out that exposes the contact array on the back, and the bumper doesn't actually work with the style backs).

It's really unfortunate that the VZW bumper requires modification, but it really does work very well once it's modified.

Faded03cobra198p

Mar 28, 2016
Visit site
It's really unfortunate that the VZW bumper requires modification, but it really does work very well once it's modified.

I emailed evolutionlabs again to see if they would reconsider making a bumper if I could get a interest list

Response:

Hello Brandon,

Unfortunately, we are currently too busy to produce a bumper for that device :( We wish we had the time to focus on more Android Devices but we are still a bit too small as a company. Doing one bumper is very heavy on our design team.

However we will do our best to grow enough to be able to do the next Motorola phones next year :)

Sorry for the bad news :(

Best regards,

Lucy - Customer Service Rep.
www.evolutivelabs.com

Unfortunate, because one of their bumpers would be perfect.

tx_tuff

Aug 31, 2011
Visit site
I emailed evolutionlabs again to see if they would reconsider making a bumper if I could get a interest list

Response:

Hello Brandon,

Unfortunately, we are currently too busy to produce a bumper for that device :( We wish we had the time to focus on more Android Devices but we are still a bit too small as a company. Doing one bumper is very heavy on our design team.

However we will do our best to grow enough to be able to do the next Motorola phones next year :)

Sorry for the bad news :(

Best regards,

Lucy - Customer Service Rep.
www.evolutivelabs.com

Unfortunate, because one of their bumpers would be perfect.

Not the answer you wanted but I can respect that response.

Wobblin30

May 20, 2011
Visit site
No solution for the mods but the Tudia I picked up from Amazon is real thin and has a lip that covers just enough to protect the camera.

Attachments

• 191.jpg
    191.jpg
    38 KB · Views: 43

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
Just to recap:

The only currently available bumper case is the one from Verizon.

It does not fit with Moto Mod Style Shells.

It does fit if you're using the other Moto Mods.

Is this correct?

tx_tuff

Aug 31, 2011
Visit site
Just to recap:

The only currently available bumper case is the one from Verizon.

It does not fit with Moto Mod Style Shells.

It does fit if you're using the other Moto Mods.

Is this correct?

Yes correct, but very easy to make that bumper case work with the style backs. I'm rocking the case and back that came with the phone.

cbironman24

Feb 20, 2013
Visit site
Just ordered a clear bumper from Verizon Friday and it came in today and works right out of the box with the charger. No modification need.
The black bumper I bought back on release day needed to be modified.
They must have fixed the design flaw.
The charger opening is much bigger on the new clear one.

tx_tuff

Aug 31, 2011
Visit site
Just ordered a clear bumper from Verizon Friday and it came in today and works right out of the box with the charger. No modification need.
The black bumper I bought back on release day needed to be modified.
They must have fixed the design flaw.
The charger opening is much bigger on the new clear one.

Does it still have the tab on the back of it?