Trying to Decide on What to Replace Note 7 With

Dconn1975

Banned
Aug 19, 2016
Visit site
I've had both the s7 and s7 edge. Now I have the Z Force. Two words for me are the difference. Software interface. Moto Z Force blows Samsung software interface away. I know for sure bc I tried my hardest to stay with Samsung but in the end it's choppy and sticky. Moto is seamless and smooth. If this is a factor for you, I highly suggest the Z Force. You wont regret it. Probably the best phone I've had ever.

beeare

Oct 17, 2013
Visit site
If battery life is your priority, get the moto z force. I use the battery Mod and I honestly I go to sleep with the battery Mod having some life left and my phone still at 80%. I can literally go 2 days of full usage on this phone without remotely thinking about a charger. And I'm a heavy user - about 4hrs SOT a day and usually around 3 hours of phone calls.

And then every other aspect of this phone is rock solid. Smoothest interface of any android phone I've used without a doubt.

wgragg

Mar 31, 2011
Visit site
I went ahead and got the Z Force yesterday. My Verizon store was out of the s7E's, which was really my only other option at this point. I have some questions that I will post in a separate thread.

My initial reactions are mixed. It is certainly a different way to do things. Not necessarily bad, just different and I am struggling in getting used to them. In some ways, the Note spoiled me, but hopefully this will spoil me in other ways.

I got the battery mod, and what I can say is that it really makes the phone thicker and heavier. I will have to see if I can get used to that as I have some wrist issues. Maybe it can be my wrist exercise routine.

doogald

Trusted Member
Jan 3, 2010
Visit site
Also, I have a Macbook as my main computer ( I know, but there is one piece of software I have to use and it only runs on a Mac). Any idea if I can move files back and forth? Samsung had Sidesync that helped with that.

With Android File Transfer, yes - https://www.android.com/filetransfer/ - though I always did this sort of stuff wirelessly myself.

And, yes, the app is kind of crappy.

(I would be apologizing if I was still using Windows myself. What a complete pile of junk that crap is. The best decision I ever made was switching to Mac for good 9+ years ago.)

wgragg

Mar 31, 2011
Visit site
With Android File Transfer, yes - https://www.android.com/filetransfer/ - though I always did this sort of stuff wirelessly myself.

And, yes, the app is kind of crappy.

(I would be apologizing if I was still using Windows myself. What a complete pile of junk that crap is. The best decision I ever made was switching to Mac for good 9+ years ago.)

I have had to support both, so I have to be "bilingual" so to speak. I am a firm believer in whatever platform works for you, but since I am in IT and most of my colleagues hate anything Apple, I usually throw in the caveat about needing to run a particular piece of software. It helps curtail side arguments.

jeepentj

Jun 28, 2010
Visit site
I agree; I too miss the snappiness of the Note 7's camera (the S7 and S7E are just as snappy). An update to "fix" this would be great.

daisyd1224

Sep 4, 2016
Visit site
Smart select is all I'm missing at this point. And the feel of the note 7. Yes, it had me spoiled. Lol. But Moto is a good, solid, non fire hazard, non recalled phone. Lol. And the battery mod is crazy long life.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non