Fix for low notification issue (escalating volume on notifications) is planned

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
For those that have the low notification issue, where it sounds like it cuts off in the beginning, due to the escalating volume feature, it appears that Motorola is working on a change that will address the issue.

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Moto-Z-Force/Quiet-notifications-moto-z/m-p/3514410#M2795

via MattForumMngr on the Lenovo Support Forums:

I'm happy to report that we're finalizing a software change that will address this issue and restore the notification volume to previous levels. We expect to start final testing very soon.

I'll provide more information when I have details on delivery of the software.

MattForumMngr also notes that this update will make it's way to all Moto Zs (Droids and Unlocked) eventually, but obviously not at the same time.

It applies to them all but that doesn't mean they will all get the software change at the same time.

sulla1965

Feb 27, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for the info. I was about to put my Moto Z Force up for sale. But I'll wait to for this update/fix first.

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
When you say low notification issue, does that include call ringtone starting so low you can hear it?

That's escalating ringtone and as far as I know, that should work that way. If anything, Moto will update it to include a toggle.

The issue is that escalating volume is being used for notification alerts as well. These tend to be much, much shorter than ringtones. They're not long enough to get louder.

Last edited:

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
So a toggle to turn off the escalating ringtone feature?

Escalating ringtone isn't the issue. That's working as designed. I don't know if Motorola will update the OS to include a toggle for it.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non