Magnetic Type C cable plug for Moto Droid X

shantipur

May 4, 2010
Visit site
I've become addicted to using cables with magnetic plugs for my Android and iOS devices, and I'm trying to find one for my Moto Droid X. These plugs save wear and tear on the power port and separate easily from the power cord. I've bought two Type C cables/plugs thus far and neither work with the Moto. Anyone out there trying to do the same thing? Anyone found a Type C came that actually works?

Devlyn16

Nov 11, 2010
Visit site
My Nexus 10 has a magnetic power plug, where my Kids Nexus 7s do not. Guess which device has a working USB port and which 2 do not.

My Pixel is my first USB C device so I'm hoping the port will be sturdier

kf6kmx

Jun 16, 2010
Visit site
I've become addicted to using cables with magnetic plugs for my Android and iOS devices, and I'm trying to find one for my Moto Droid X. These plugs save wear and tear on the power port and separate easily from the power cord. I've bought two Type C cables/plugs thus far and neither work with the Moto. Anyone out there trying to do the same thing? Anyone found a Type C came that actually works?
I know the usb-c is 'reversible', but try turning one of those around....
I have found one cable, when connected to a different device than the z force, will only charge if plugged in one way... The other way it transfers data but won't charge the device...

Just a thought

mobrules

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site
I know the usb-c is 'reversible', but try turning one of those around....
I have found one cable, when connected to a different device than the z force, will only charge if plugged in one way... The other way it transfers data but won't charge the device...

Just a thought
Which cables? Been thinking about doing the magnetic plugs and cables.

kf6kmx

Jun 16, 2010
Visit site
I was thinking the ones mentioned that weren't charging, try those plugged in the other way... Have found two cables so far, one being a cable that was bought for the note7 from Verizon, that only will charge the moto mod project plugged in one way, other way it won't start charging, and one cable that came from bestbuy I think it was that will sync data to my z10 tablet both ways but only starts charging it if plugged in one way...
Both devices will charge with another cable plugged in either way, so it is something in the cable/connector causing it... The magnetic adapter might have the same issue, and charge when it's plugged in one direction and not the other....
Just a theory....

jesta192

Aug 26, 2010
Visit site
I believe the connector is designed to work identically either way. I suspect contaminants in the connector. Sugary drinks are known to cause this, as is lint.

kf6kmx

Jun 16, 2010
Visit site
I believe the connector is designed to work identically either way. I suspect contaminants in the connector. Sugary drinks are known to cause this, as is lint.
True, they are SUPPOSED to work either way. But the one cable I have that doesn't was that way right out of the package on a brand new device that does work either way on two other cables... So do not think it is lint or any debris in the connector... But a wiring issue in the cable plug...
That why I was saying it COULD be something similar with these plugs if they don't have qc checks for it....

YAYTech

Jul 18, 2012
Visit site
The other issue is manufacturers that didn't adhere completely to the USB-C spec. There are cables/accessories that work with the Nexus 5X/6P that don't work with other USB-C, because those phones used a USB2 version of USB-C, and I believe aren't pinned the same.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
drkrleitch