Thinking of a leaving the Force.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

cbironman24

Feb 20, 2013
Visit site
I have had a Z Force since it came out and had no problems at all until last month. My phone started freezing up and I had to force a shutdown. The problem only happened a few times then it started getting more and more. Then I lost my wifi, it would show a blank white screen when I went into the wifi settings. Then one day when I went in to settings the whole setting screen was white and It would freeze and reboot. (no new apps were downloaded, only thing I had started doing right before this happen was to use the off grid battery mod for most of the day while on vacation)

That's when I went through moto and got a replacement and thought all was good. Well the replacement is like a whole different phone and it sucks! Camera is terrible, Bluetooth drops and phone signal is worse than my original.

So this has me thinking of getting a new phone and trying something new. I have had Moto's since the Original Turbo and looked at the Z2 force but the smaller battery size has me worried.

I'm have been looking at the S8 now, I like the camera and overall size of the phone.

So whats your thoughts.... Z2 Force or S8?

Or do I send this Force back and try a third one?

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
I have had a Z Force since it came out and had no problems at all until last month. My phone started freezing up and I had to force a shutdown. The problem only happened a few times then it started getting more and more. Then I lost my wifi, it would show a blank white screen when I went into the wifi settings. Then one day when I went in to settings the whole setting screen was white and It would freeze and reboot. (no new apps were downloaded, only thing I had started doing right before this happen was to use the off grid battery mod for most of the day while on vacation)

That's when I went through moto and got a replacement and thought all was good. Well the replacement is like a whole different phone and it sucks! Camera is terrible, Bluetooth drops and phone signal is worse than my original.

So this has me thinking of getting a new phone and trying something new. I have had Moto's since the Original Turbo and looked at the Z2 force but the smaller battery size has me worried.

I'm have been looking at the S8 now, I like the camera and overall size of the phone.

Did they give you a refurb?

I would suggest waiting to look at the S8, the upcoming Pixels and the LG V30 if you can wait.

cbironman24

Feb 20, 2013
Visit site
Did they give you a refurb?

I would suggest waiting to look at the S8, the upcoming Pixels and the LG V30 if you can wait.

Yes I assume it's a refurb from Moto. Came in a moto box wrapped in bubble wrap. The phone looks new but Im sure its a refurb.

I really don't like the look of the Pixel phones. LG V30 might be to big of a phone for me.
I might test drive a S8, Verizon has a 30 day return deal if you purchase online.

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
Yes I assume it's a refurb from Moto. Came in a moto box wrapped in bubble wrap. The phone looks new but Im sure its a refurb.

I really don't like the look of the Pixel phones. LG V30 might be to big of a phone for me.
I might test drive a S8, Verizon has a 30 day return deal if you purchase online.
Glad to hear that they went back to 30 days....it was 14 last year.

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
It did say something like "for a limited time only" and it was online purchases only.
I always purchase online especially if doing a preorder. If I have a problem and need an exchange I do it online too unless I need it right away like on an exchange deadline but I call the 800 number to get the exchange approved so the store doesn't give me grief.

joe_fresh

Trusted Member
Mar 13, 2013
Visit site
I have the z force for work, and the s8plus for personal. I prefer the Samsung s8 plus the best. my Motorola z force is just plain.....

benjamminh

Apr 12, 2012
Visit site

One way or another you should have a phone that works so annoying as it is I'd try for a third one and if you have a problem with that, then advocate for a different model.

cbironman24

Feb 20, 2013
Visit site
Well I ordered on line and picked up a S8 in store today after work. I'll test drive this while I send my Force back for another one. So far I'm liking the S8.

joe_fresh

Trusted Member
Mar 13, 2013
Visit site
I hope you went with the 8+ , I prefer the larger display. I would not have thought about buying the Moto but since the company I work for is Motorola Solutions we kinda have to rep the logo...

cbironman24

Feb 20, 2013
Visit site
I hope you went with the 8+ , I prefer the larger display. I would not have thought about buying the Moto but since the company I work for is Motorola Solutions we kinda have to rep the logo...
I went with the regular 8. Not the plus. A friend had the 8+ and it just seemed a little too big for me. I like the fact that I can put a case on th S8 and it's still smaller than my Force without a case and has a slightly bigger display.

I'm still getting used to it but so far really like it.

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
I went with the regular 8. Not the plus. A friend had the 8+ and it just seemed a little too big for me. I like the fact that I can put a case on th S8 and it's still smaller than my Force without a case and has a slightly bigger display.

I'm still getting used to it but so far really like it.
How is the new phone so far?

cbironman24

Feb 20, 2013
Visit site
How is the new phone so far?
I like it. I miss some Moto stuff like the twist for camera and chop for flashlight but the phone is super fast and the display looks much better than the force.
I haven't found myself wanting to go back to the Force so I must like it.
I think it's going to be a keeper. I'll probably keep the Force as a backup.

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
I like it. I miss some Moto stuff like the twist for camera and chop for flashlight but the phone is super fast and the display looks much better than the force.
I haven't found myself wanting to go back to the Force so I must like it.
I think it's going to be a keeper. I'll probably keep the Force as a backup.
Nothing wrong with a backup.

Would you like the thread closed?

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
You could always try the Z2 Force, however, if you are looking for a change of pace, you could always try the S8! Head over to your nearest carrier store/kiosk and give it a try! See how it feels in the hand. It's a beautiful device that runs really well.

cbironman24

Feb 20, 2013
Visit site
You could always try the Z2 Force, however, if you are looking for a change of pace, you could always try the S8! Head over to your nearest carrier store/kiosk and give it a try! See how it feels in the hand. It's a beautiful device that runs really well.
The smaller battery in the Z2 Force turned me off of that for an option.

cbironman24

Feb 20, 2013
Visit site
Nothing wrong with a backup.

Would you like the thread closed?
Can never have too many backups. I still have my Turbo and Turbo 2. They work great for running satellite radio to a Bluetooth speaker over Wi-Fi.

You can close the thread down. I'm going to hop over to the S8 forum and check things out for a bit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87