Android 8.0

Javier P

Ambassador
Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
Did a quick search and some Brazilian blogs confirmed that the soak test for some Moto Z models it's already running. These are good news, but it's impossible to say when the official update will be available.

HowardL168

Mar 9, 2013
Visit site
I think I saw somewhere that the Brazil soak was based on the build with the December security patch. If so and if all goes well with their soak, I would think (and hope) the official release would also be built and thus released late December or early January with that December security.

Coop61

Nov 2, 2014
Visit site
The last official thing I had read from Verizon was we were suppose to get 8.0 in the 4th quarter. Which ends at the end of Dec. So I guess we'll see.

HowardL168

Mar 9, 2013
Visit site
So, if the build "soaking" in Brazil is indeed based on the December security patch, my guess is we'll see 8.0 between end of.December (when the Dec. security patch is released and end of January just before the deadline for the January security patch release. My."guess"

HowardL168

Mar 9, 2013
Visit site
So, if the build "soaking" in Brazil is indeed based on the December security patch, my guess is we'll see 8.0 between end of.December (when the Dec. security patch is released and end of January just before the deadline for the January security patch release. My."guess"
Well, I think I may be right, although the release of the December security patch didn't occur at the end of December but just yesterday...I still believe, with the December patch released, we'll see Oreo within the next 3 weeks...i.e. before they release the January patch for Moto, which is already out and released to Pixel devices.

Bitterman

Apr 5, 2011
Visit site
I just now got an update for "Motorola Notifications" to make it work with O. Hopefully the next update we get will be O and not just the security update.

kmf1

May 5, 2011
Visit site
I received the Moto Notifications app update also. Hopefully, the Oreo update will also include the January security update, or maybe even the February. Time will tell.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals38