So excited for this one

anon(1733)

Oct 14, 2009
Visit site
I haven't been this excited for a device in a while. Can't wait for this release. I'm definitely going to pre order this bad boy.

Clocks

Aug 27, 2010
Visit site
I'm very interested to hear the reviews.

What we seem to know so far:

The good
Flagship specs
No 16gb model
Microsd
Personalization options

The bad (obviously subjective)
Verizon exclusive period
Force is verizon only
Verizon models will likely receive few or no security updates, N update will likely be very late
No "pure" model
Probably no unlockable bootloader
No 3.5mm headphone jack

The unknown
Camera quality?
Quality/brightness of the shatterproof screen?
Battery life without the mod?
Fingerprint scanner quality?
Price?
Mod prices?
Aftermarket accessory availability (cases?)

I do expect the androidcentral team to blast the verizon-only models, since AFAIK none of them are on verizon and the complete lack of security updates will keep some of the team away from anything but blackberry or nexus (lack of software support pisses me off too). But Alex's hands-on seemed pretty positive...

quadtronix

Aug 23, 2012
Visit site
I'm intrigued by the Moto Z for the thinness and the moto-mods... I can't wait to read the reviews and then I'll decide if I want to jump ship from the Samsung camp and go back to Motorola's Droid line. I've had 4 Droids total... X2, Bionic, DNA and Turbo. But right now I'm on the S6 Edge Plus. We'll see but my interest is definitely sparked on this one!

Rocketsaucev2

Feb 5, 2013
Visit site
I'm intrigued by the Moto Z for the thinness and the moto-mods... I can't wait to read the reviews and then I'll decide if I want to jump ship from the Samsung camp and go back to Motorola's Droid line. I've had 4 Droids total... X2, Bionic, DNA and Turbo. But right now I'm on the S6 Edge Plus. We'll see but my interest is definitely sparked on this one!
Wasn't the DNA an HTC?

quadtronix

Aug 23, 2012
Visit site
Yes. HTC made the DNA but it was technically a Droid. I guess that was before the Droid brand was a Motorola exclusive.

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
Wasn't the DNA an HTC?

HTC and Samsung have made DROID phones before.

HTC
DROID Eris
DROID Incredible
DROID Incredible 2
DROID DNA

Samsung
DROID Charge

Posted via the Android Central App on the Moto X Pure Edition

Art Ramirez

May 29, 2013
Visit site
The Droid Incredible was perfection.....at the time of course. Image one today with flagship specs but slightly bigger display, say 4inch.

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
The Droid Incredible was perfection.....at the time of course. Image one today with flagship specs but slightly bigger display, say 4inch.

I wouldn't mind seeing the DROID INCREDIBLE get the "iPhone SE" treatment.

Posted via the Android Central App on the Moto X Pure Edition

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
olyria10