Ad when making/recieving a call.

jbird68

Dec 23, 2016
Visit site
Lately, everytime I use my Droid Z Play phone to make or answer a call I have noticed a pop up ad will appear. Most of the time it's a citi bank credit card ad. It has become very annoying. I can't figure out where it is coming from. I don't think I should be seeing ads show up when I use the phones standard calling features.

this_is_nascar

May 25, 2012
Visit site
Lately, everytime I use my Droid Z Play phone to make or answer a call I have noticed a pop up ad will appear. Most of the time it's a citi bank credit card ad. It has become very annoying. I can't figure out where it is coming from. I don't think I should be seeing ads show up when I use the phones standard calling features.
Sorry, but I can't stop laughing. Finally, someone with a question concerning a phone to.................... make call phone call. 😁

Icemax60

Dec 28, 2015
Visit site
There is an app called DT ignite that can push ads through to any app. It can also be used to push app installs through from your cell provider. It's a really nasty app and could use lots of data if you keep it on.

To turn it off you need to show system apps and them disable it.

jbird68

Dec 23, 2016
Visit site
It was the stock dialer. I just installed Drupe and like it. But it still uses the stock phone dialer to actually make the call. Still getting ads.

Icemax60

Dec 28, 2015
Visit site
There must be an app you have that has permissions to your dialer that is "sensing" you using your phone and showing you ads. The fun part is finding which ad is doing it and either disabling it's dialer permissions or deleting it altogether

jbird68

Dec 23, 2016
Visit site
Think I figured it out. I use the TouchPal keyboard. I just went through apps and started denying permission to my phone. I tried a few before I got to the TouchPal app. I made 4 calls and hung up and I haven't got the ad since.

jbird68

Dec 23, 2016
Visit site
Me too. I also went to the play store and dropped my 4 star rating for TouchPal to a 3 star because I really like the keyboard for it's themes. I don't mind ads when I am using the keyboard because it's free. But to push them to other apps is really not cool.