Moto Voice question

beeare

Oct 17, 2013
Visit site
Does moto voice basically just use Google voice to handle everything now? On the past 3 moto flagships, moto voice was a distinct app that upon using your voice command, did a variety of tasks without transitioning to Google Voice. On this phone, the moment I say my moto voice command ("ok moto z", the Google Voice screen opens up immediately, even before I make a command.

Also does anybody remember that the original moto voice on the droid maxx actually used voice recognition technology to recognize ones individual voice? It didn't allow a custom phrase, but only the person who created the phrase could make it turn on. It was highly effective, and I was thinking this would've been nice to incorporate as a way to bypass the security. The fingerprint security almost makes moto voice useless on this phone. But it's a catch 22.

sangs

Trusted Member
May 9, 2015
Visit site
I'm not exactly sure what it uses, but I have not set up "OK Google" on my Z Force and it does a wide variety of tasks using Moto Voice. (And I love telling Moto Z to play Van Halen on Rocket Player from anywhere in the room btw. :D )

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
Moto Voice has scaled down as Google Voice Search picked up new features.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty