z2 force or note 8?

bigpapa7272

May 27, 2010
Visit site
So as much as like the idea of the z2 zorce And the new mods, im not crazy from a price stand point.

At current price point would I be better off waiting for note 8 or do you think prices will drop on z2 when note 8 is announced?

bigpapa7272

May 27, 2010
Visit site
I think Motorola screwed the pooch on this one by not having 6 gigs of RAM on the US version I guess decision time will be Wednesday or soon thereafter when the Note 8 is officially announced and see if any deals hit the streets on the Z2 Force let me put it to you this way if the price points are about the same between the two then it's a no-brainer to get to Note 8

miniracer2003

Aug 16, 2017
Visit site
I can't comment much on the Note 8, but I am very happy with my Z2 Force. I initially didn't like the camera of the Z2 but a recent update seems to have improved picture quality. Plus, Motorola added some really great photo and video editing software to the camera app. the rest of the software experience of the phone is typical Moto quality, meaning it is excellent. The hardware is also high quality.

o4liberty

Dec 9, 2009
Visit site
This device runs better than my S8 plus did. I don't think the note 8 will be any different at all plus the price is not worth it to me. The Galaxy line is a nice device but the moto is amazing to me.

Mike-Mike

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
I am happier with my Z2 Force than I was with my S8+.

Most of the same principles would still apply. Sammy has a better camera, but the Z2 is still pretty solid.

Note 8 will be just as breakable as the S8+, so you have to worry about that.

Battery is a moot point, bigger on Sammy, but lighter software on Moto, same 835. Probably about the same battery life.

bhatech

Trusted Member
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
I have had every flagship this year and can honestly say Z2 force is the worst. Bought this since I got a great deal 50% off, but still not that happy overall.

If you get at a good price sure but not worth the high price they are charging since at that price you get better phones in most departments. The only reason you would want Z2 force is if you are excited about Moto Mods and can't leave without them.

o4liberty

Dec 9, 2009
Visit site
Very few differences between the note and the plus to spend a $1000 on a new phone. I can honestly say the z2 force is a faster and smoother device all around.

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
For sure the price on the Z2 Force will drop. The long-awaited Note 8 will cost a pretty penny once it's dropped as well. But like other users have said, you can always wait and grab them at a reduced cost later! Plus, Black Friday and Christmas deals are right around the corner! I'd keep an eye on Best Buy and Amazon sales, too!

o4liberty

Dec 9, 2009
Visit site
The z2 force is a solid top android device with no lag and plenty of speed. The only issue is the shutter on the camera could be improved otherwise its an awesome device which I highly recommend.

Mark8768

May 24, 2010
Visit site
I am happier with my Z2 Force than I was with my S8+.

Most of the same principles would still apply. Sammy has a better camera, but the Z2 is still pretty solid.

Note 8 will be just as breakable as the S8+, so you have to worry about that.

Battery is a moot point, bigger on Sammy, but lighter software on Moto, same 835. Probably about the same battery life.

What's better on the Z2force ?? I am s8 plus... curious

dashauns

Dec 30, 2010
Visit site
What's better on the Z2force ?? I am s8 plus... curious

Front facing speaker
Smaller battery charges quicker
Mod system which works with earlier mods
Front camera flash
Front easier to reach fingerprint sensor
Near stock Android
Costs less especially with recent promotions
A little more manageable in the hand
Shattershield display and metal build

Mike-Mike

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
Well I used Jump on Demand to jump from the Moto Z2 Force to the Note 8.

Less than 2 weeks later I took it back and jumped from the Note 8 back to the Moto Z2 Force

While the screen size is nice on the Note 8 (although I still prefer 16:9), after having a Moto Z2 Force and a Huawei Mate 9, the Note 8 felt sluggish.

The Note 8 also couldn't compete in the battery life department

Zorro1

Oct 22, 2009
Visit site
Looking at another Moto device for wife's nearly dead Turbo (1)....because I think they still have the best radios. And I love the twist and cam is on, etc. Tho' I've read some troubling reports about inability of some of them to connect to wifi. Is there anything to that?

codyfred85

Jun 19, 2012
Visit site
I've heard of Wifi issues specifically on the Sprint version with certain routers. Hopefully they'll be able to do a software update to fix it. I've been using the phone since launch and haven't had any issues that have been brought up in the forums. I've even switched carriers (VZW to Tmo).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress