Turbo Charger?

Kavan Sidhu

Dec 6, 2012
Visit site
Got Z3 play from best buy few days ago for 350. It's great.

But everytime even if its full it says turbo charger connected with the supplied charger. But I got the turbo car charger also. Except its Micro USB. But the extra USB port on top is probably not turbo because even when I plug in the supplied usb c cable it does not say turbo charger connected. So maybe it's not. But the minor end should be at least. It is a 25w turbo charger. Except its micro. So I stopped at bestbuy today and got the belkin micro to C adapter. Its only 12w and 2.4 amps. But the turbo charger that came with the unit is 3amps. So maybe that is why it does not say turbo charger connected when I plug it in. But I used the adapter on a standard micro cable and plugged it in to the turbo charger that came with my phone. And it said turbo charger connected. So its not an adapter issue. Maybe its a bad turbo charger.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Turbo charging is done by raising the Voltage coming from the charger. A 5 Volt charger won't turbo charge.

The Z3 Play should have a Type C connector with a magnetic adapter. And the charger supplied should turbo charge it.

A few notes from Motorola:

"The Motorola Turbo charger will charge the device at a faster rate when the device is below 78%."

"If your device is below 78%, but it does not begin Turbo charging when you plug it into the Turbo Charger, try uplugging and plugging back in using one fluid motion."

So if it's already above 78%, it's not going to turbo charge.

The only "port" on the top is the SIM & SD card slot. Look at the third page of the manual. If you missed it (or it's missing), have a look at the third page of https://www.phonearena.com/download.php?key=5546164c0f375264effbc4cbb502a7c1_pm-10862.

Kavan Sidhu

Dec 6, 2012
Visit site
No I meant the car charger. Not sim slot. The wire is micro usb. And on top is an empty usb port. It might be 5v. But the car charger is 25w turbo. I discovered that is only turbo charges under certain percent. But even when full it says turbo charger connected at least even if its not turbo charging. But in the car it does not say so. And it is a turbo 25w charger. More than the 15w it came with.