How do I remove Frequently Used Apps bar?

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

I recently got the Moto Z4 and noticed the "Frequently Used" bar on my left swipe/news feed area. How do I remove this? This is different than the suggested apps (the bar at the top when I swipe up). I've tried turning off the app suggestions option in settings, but this doesn't impact it.

Thanks for your help!

Javier P

Ambassador
Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
Welcome to the forums. Could you post a screenshot of that Google feed screen? I can't see the app suggestions when I swipe in from the left edge in my Moto G7+.

Javier P

Ambassador
Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
Attached is a screenshot.
Thanks for registering. I see what you mean. Can you get any menu if you tap or long press that bar or the 'all apps' message? You already tried disabling suggestions in the home screen settings, right?

I could move your thread to the Z4 forum where it could be easier getting help from other owners.

I'll try to contact another volunteer that owns the Z4 and see if he can help.

lmichlig

Dec 4, 2019
Visit site
Hi Javier! Thanks for offering to move this to the Z4 forum. That would be very helpful!

I've tried long pressing on the bar, but nothing happens. And when I click on "all apps" it just brings me to the list of all my apps. I did disable the suggestions, but that didn't change it.

Thank you again!
~Laura

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
I don't think so. I can't move it, but it does go off the screen as I scroll through the news feed.
Hi, welcome!
If you long press empty page on home screen does option for home settings come up? If it does tap it and see if frequent used apps can be turned off there .

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
What app is that?

When I Long Press on a blank space on the Home Screen and go Home Settings, my Swipe Access only has Nothing or Google Feed. And that doesn't look like Google Feed.

lmichlig

Dec 4, 2019
Visit site
I'm not sure what AppFlash is, I don't think the flashlight because I don't see it when I swipe left. The other options in Swipe access are "none" and "Google feed." I switched it to "Google feed" and it looks like that took care of it!

Thank you to you and everyone else who commented 😊

Attachments

• Screenshot_20191203-214228.jpg
    Screenshot_20191203-214228.jpg
    181.2 KB · Views: 11

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
I'm not sure what AppFlash is, I don't think the flashlight because I don't see it when I swipe left. The other options in Swipe access are "none" and "Google feed." I switched it to "Google feed" and it looks like that took care of it!

Thank you to you and everyone else who commented
Ok that's good
In your screen shot it shows flashlight as swipe to left home page , but as long as it's good .

lmichlig

Dec 4, 2019
Visit site
Sorry for the confusion on my part... The flashlight is labeled "flashlight" not "AppFlash" in my apps. And I didn't see the flashlight anywhere when I'd swipe left.

Anyway, thanks again! You've been so helpful!

Javier P

Ambassador
Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
Sorry for the confusion on my part... The flashlight is labeled "flashlight" not "AppFlash" in my apps. And I didn't see the flashlight anywhere when I'd swipe left.

Anyway, thanks again! You've been so helpful!

Glad you managed to fix it and thanks for the follow up.

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
Deleting, removing, uninstalling AppFlash is part of my setup routine.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tivativa