Which phone are you switching from?

Which device OS have you been sporting?

• Total voters

justicc86

Nov 17, 2009
Visit site
It looks like I will be switching from the Palm Pre Plus to the Droid 2. The main selling point for me is the screen size. I like the Droid X but the screen is too big for my personal taste.

Cory Streater

Sep 21, 2009
Visit site
The Droid X's screen size is definitely not for everyone. From everything I've seen, the Droid 2 should be a solid upgrade from the Palm Pre Plus.

Edit: Geebus! I can't believe I left Palm off the list. Fixing now...

PvilleComp

Jun 13, 2010
Visit site
Everything I've seen on this phone, and let's face it it's the worst kept secret on the planet, seems to indicate it's a side step instead of an upgrade for Moto. Kinda like their Razor and StarTac historical success' being beaten into the ground.

Moto is a weird company. They have bursts of brilliance when they need it, but then the MBA’s take over and it’s all about eeeking thin margin out of old product.

I think the next “step” in growth will the the Froyo shipped World Phones and Gingerbread devices.

karnovaran

Jul 14, 2010
Visit site
Everything I've seen on this phone, and let's face it it's the worst kept secret on the planet, seems to indicate it's a side step instead of an upgrade for Moto. Kinda like their Razor and StarTac historical success' being beaten into the ground.

Moto is a weird company. They have bursts of brilliance when they need it, but then the MBA?s take over and it?s all about eeeking thin margin out of old product.

I think the next ?step? in growth will the the Froyo shipped World Phones and Gingerbread devices.
P-Ville, NOVA.. are you in Loudoun? I grew up in the 'Burg.

As excited as I am for the Droid form-factor with double the RAM and a more powerful processor, you make a compelling argument here. Moto does have a history of putting out a revolutionary phone and then just milking it with new versions. However, I think we'll be a little safer from obsolescence with the D2's specs and Android's flexibility than the Razr crowd was.

You're right about the world phones and Gingerbread. It seems dual cores will be the next big step in specs, but I think these 1GHz chips will stand the test of time much like 2GHz has remained a reliable standard in consumer PCs

Cory Streater

Sep 21, 2009
Visit site
We'll see, but I have a feeling you guys might be right. They might just be using this as a bridge to the Droid Pro. I have to question why they haven't released these to the bloggers to review either. That's one of the best ways to get people psyched up a new phone.

mngdew

Aug 11, 2010
Visit site
Storm 2 served me well, but DX totally blew me away. It made me think I was carrying around the first cell phone on the market.

Last edited:

Kingmunkey

Aug 3, 2010
Visit site
I'm switching from the Palm Pre Plus. My Droid 2 has been shipped and I should be receiving it today. I am pretty damn excited to get my own droid phone.

Precious Pixie

Aug 15, 2010
Visit site
Ooh Yes!!

I have a slow and slower BB 8330 and just ordered my first Droid....only the best a 2. Can you tell me is the web experience better. I am so excited.

Precious Pixie

Aug 15, 2010
Visit site
Another crackberry freak jumping ship.....really tired of the battery pulls and hour glass spinning....I mean please I can only clean the memory so much...Help me last this 3 days. The only thing I think I am gonna miss is the BBM...

travo1978

Aug 11, 2010
Visit site
I got sick of waiting for the desire to come out on us cellular so I jumped to verizon and got rid of my curve 8330. As much as I loved blackberry, this thing blows them away.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty