I took the leap...just have some questions ...

FormerIphoney

Aug 13, 2010
Visit site
After fighting tooth& nail with my partners at work that my iphone blows the droid phones out of the water...I caved.
Mainly bc I was sick of at&t service dropping 10+ calls a day in nyc.

So far it's been 4 hours with the droid2, and im kicking myself in the ***..lol.
Its better than expected, and I was a suppppper iphone fanboy, hence my forum name.

One thing im trying to figure out is, the soft keys on the bottom, how do I get them to illuminate when its dark? Seemed like they only light up randomly ...
Otherwise I can't see the softkeys in the dark...

Thanks in advance? , happy to be on board!!

pauldroidr2d2

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
I've noticed the soft key lights go on and off too. It seems like they go off when I'm in a well lit room. I'm thinking it might have something to do with the amount of light that is around.

karnovaran

Jul 14, 2010
Visit site
They illuminate based on the light sensor (next to the LED notification) and should come on and stay on in a dark room as long as your screen is on. If they're turning off, either you have some light hitting the sensor or it's defective. You can test this by manually covering the sensor right now and seeing if they stay on while the screen is on.

FormerIphoney

Aug 13, 2010
Visit site
They illuminate based on the light sensor (next to the LED notification) and should come on and stay on in a dark room as long as your screen is on. If they're turning off, either you have some light hitting the sensor or it's defective. You can test this by manually covering the sensor right now and seeing if they stay on while the screen is on.

I have now realized that turning autobrightness on fixes the problem.

: )