Droid 2 Sync with Outlook like the BB.....

RonMoz

Jan 3, 2011
Visit site
Have heard yes and no, the Verizon guy said the Droid 2 will sync with Outlook (calendar, contacts, tasks, email, etc) just like my Tour.

Will the Droid 2 sync with Outlook and will I get my email just like on the BB?

I want to switch but syncing and email could be a deal breaker....

Please help/advise. Thanks.

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
Have heard yes and no, the Verizon guy said the Droid 2 will sync with Outlook (calendar, contacts, tasks, email, etc) just like my Tour.

i had the moto DX and i couldnt get it to sync for anything,,,but now i use an app called Touchdown and it syncs great, i get my exchange mail faster then my computer at work does.

Exchange for Android 2.x - Android app on AppBrain

Love it

RonMoz

Jan 3, 2011
Visit site
Thanks.

I amnot on a corporate email, I have comcast and have it download to Outlook and syncs with my BB that I want to ditch in replace with a Droid.

My issue is soooo many people have my comcast email address, and I am so comfortable working an syncing by BB with outlook, I only want to change phones and and not both.

HELP????

Comineeyeaha

Apr 11, 2010
Visit site
Thanks.

I amnot on a corporate email, I have comcast and have it download to Outlook and syncs with my BB that I want to ditch in replace with a Droid.

My issue is soooo many people have my comcast email address, and I am so comfortable working an syncing by BB with outlook, I only want to change phones and and not both.

HELP????

And this is exactly why I never use my current carrier's email service. What happens if Comcast makes you angry and you decide to ditch it for Qwest? There goes your email address.

markm

Nov 19, 2010
Visit site

I sync my D2 with my work's Exchange/Outlook, my personal GMail / Verizon / Yahoo. With the exception of Verizon which still only supports POP3 (OK, FIOS folks, time to leave the 1980's), everything works like a champ. Users I have in both GMail and Outlook merge together although some address bugs in GMail prevent the addresses from merging smoothly so you do see the same address twice. Whether you'll get push or periodic sync depends on the settings of your server for the Exchange side. So far, I've not yet found the need to go to an alternate solution like Touchdown or K9, although I've heard both are good.

cordoni

Oct 6, 2010
Visit site
Anyone know if the fascinate on Verizon does push corporate through lotus Noyes with an exchange server?

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk

aweber1nj

Oct 18, 2010
Visit site
I think you're going to get a lot of different responses, and YMMV with each.

Touchdown if you have an Exchange Server -- but I don't think you do. You use Outlook client, which is fine. But like the FiOS folks, I think comcast mail is still all POP3. So once your Outlook client downloads an email from the comcast servers, it'll be gone from their servers (there may be an option to leave a copy on the server, but that just complicates things in this case).

Are you using Verizon's sync client? That might have been the workaround to using BIS (because effective use of BIS would mean an IMAP server). But it's also very kludgy in that your desktop has to relay all your email (so if your router or network or desktop goes down, you don't get any email on your phone either).

There's not a lot of "easy" (and good) options unless you're pretty tech savvy.

Is there a server-side GMail sync that can pull your email there (I still don't use GMail enough)? Then you're almost home-free.

-AJ

maxiang

Jan 11, 2010
Visit site

Yes and no :p
Companion link(?) Offers a wired sync option, but costs $ and doesn't support notes. I think, and I've heard it's buggy. Nothing like BlackBerry DTM :D
For your email you can setup Gmail (from a desktop) to pull it from Comcast.
For calendar there is this: Getting started with Google Calendar Sync - Google Calendar Help Which I haven't used.
No ideas for tasks, contacts, and notes as I haven't taken the time to dig around for solutions.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non