Wife Having Issues With D3 Need Help

Wildo6882

Aug 13, 2010
Visit site
So my wife has a D3 and she has been having a couple of issues lately and I was wondering if anyone knew of these and/or how to fix them?

Here are her issues:

1) This has only happened a few times, but it's happened nonetheless...sometimes when she's in a call it won't let her hang up. No matter how many times you press the end call button, it does nothing. She's forced to do a battery pull to hang up the phone.

2) Her space bar on the physical keyboard has gone haywire, sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't.

The first issue has happened since she got it, but the keyboard issue has just happened in the past few days.

If anyone can help me out or point me in the right direction, I'd definitely appreciate it.

kismet769

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
I had the same issues with not being able to hang up a call. I got my phone replaced due to that and several other issues.

The space bar issues is a hardware issue. My guess is that if you were to call VZW or take it into a store they'd just replace it.

The software update being pushed out may take care of the call issue if she can live with the wonky space bar.

Reactions: Wildo6882

Wildo6882

Aug 13, 2010
Visit site
I had the same issues with not being able to hang up a call. I got my phone replaced due to that and several other issues.

The space bar issues is a hardware issue. My guess is that if you were to call VZW or take it into a store they'd just replace it.

The software update being pushed out may take care of the call issue if she can live with the wonky space bar.

I was afraid of that. She had no problems at all with the keyboard until a few days ago, now it's having all kinds of issues. I'm afraid if we swap it, she'll just get another with this issue. She got the D3 for the keyboard, and she really only types on that, so it's important that it works. Hopefully the call hang-up issue goes away with an update, but I'm not sure what to do about the keyboard.

Did a replacement fix your problems?

akhi216

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
The update fixed the end call issue for me. It also fixed the hard keyboard issue, thus the hard keyboard issue was a software issue and not a hardware issue.

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk

Wildo6882

Aug 13, 2010
Visit site
Thanks everyone! I appreciate the help. I'm going to make sure to have her check for the update tonight. Hopefully this all works out. She likes the phone a lot, just these two issues are driving her nuts.

Wildo6882

Aug 13, 2010
Visit site
One more question: where can I get the update? Is it being pushed out in phases? I checked for the update and it said her phone was up to date.

Thanks again everyone!

diggy15

Jan 24, 2011
Visit site
Thinking it just started getting pushed out so might be a couple days till it gets to you (could be wrong). I just installed the leaked version thati grabbed from XDA.

Wildo6882

Aug 13, 2010
Visit site
Wow that was a fast reply! Thanks. I'll make sure to have her check for it periodically. I know the keyboard thing is driving her nuts.

Wildo6882

Aug 13, 2010
Visit site
Just for an update:

I helped her install the update last night. She's still having issues with the keyboard (space bar not working consistently). So now I'm not sure if I should tell her to take it in or not. Who knows if the CLNRs actually have the spacebar issue fixed.

The Droid Shnoid

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site
I had a spacebar issue on my first D3, it got progressively worse as time went on and I finally just had Verizon replace it under warranty because it got to the point I couldn't use the device effectively. They gave me a refurb since I was past 15 days, but it worked better than my 1st one, so I was happy enough. After getting the refurb, I could definitely tell the space bar wasn't the only issue I was having. The case I got from Verizon for the first one rubbed as the keyboard slid up and down, as well as being a little harder to slide than I would have preferred. The refurb doesn't rub with the same case and the slider is much easier.

At this point, she may want to throw in the towel on it and see about having Verizon replace it. I was very hesitant to do it (I am generally not a fan of refurbs, especially when the phone was only a month or so old), but am now glad I did. Too bad that one ate part of its brain on the OTA update, but today's replacement is just as nice as the last refurb.

Wildo6882

Aug 13, 2010
Visit site
I had a spacebar issue on my first D3, it got progressively worse as time went on and I finally just had Verizon replace it under warranty because it got to the point I couldn't use the device effectively. They gave me a refurb since I was past 15 days, but it worked better than my 1st one, so I was happy enough. After getting the refurb, I could definitely tell the space bar wasn't the only issue I was having. The case I got from Verizon for the first one rubbed as the keyboard slid up and down, as well as being a little harder to slide than I would have preferred. The refurb doesn't rub with the same case and the slider is much easier.

At this point, she may want to throw in the towel on it and see about having Verizon replace it. I was very hesitant to do it (I am generally not a fan of refurbs, especially when the phone was only a month or so old), but am now glad I did. Too bad that one ate part of its brain on the OTA update, but today's replacement is just as nice as the last refurb.

I'm assuming that's what we'll end up doing. She's having some serious issues typing (and she uses the real keyboard pretty much extensively as she's never had a touchscreen only coming from a BB 9650). I can set everything back up for her, so it won't really be an issue, but it's still kind of a pain. I'm hoping she gets a good refurb. I've gotten some pretty shotty devices (and some good ones) from Verizon's refurb collection, so it can be a crapshoot.

Thanks for your help.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
apkmodyo