HELP! I can't register my phone with Amazon so none of my apps work!

C1tyG1rl

Dec 29, 2015
Visit site
Hi! I had over 20 old devices registered with Amazon and when I cleared them out I accidentally cleared out my current phone. Unfortunately, since the latest software upgrade a month ago 'Underground" does not work on Android devices. This is a known issue at Amazon apparently - though clearly not an important one for some reason (many Android users get an error when they try to connect to that app).. Because Underground is the only way to register your phone, I can't use any of my Prime apps! No Amazon apps at all.

I'm shocked that Android users are so unimportant to Amazon and that this is the ONLY way to register your device!

I think I might be able to use my apps if I roll back my OS to the previous install, not sure what that will do to it OR the other apps I use OR how to do it. Can anyone provide insight on this? If anyone can provide another work around that would be even better!

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Amazon Underground still works for my devices. Do you mean that trying to register a device using the Underground app doesn't work?

C1tyG1rl

Dec 29, 2015
Visit site
RESOLVED: The Amazon tech support people I spoke to repeatedly on Sat (and were supposed to call me back within 48 hours but didn't) were totally wrong. In order to resolve this issue you have to:
1. disable Amazon Underground, clear cache/data
2. update Amazon Webview from google play
3. update audible from google play

done