DROID Maxx Pre-Order on Wirefly.

Btravelen

Sep 3, 2013
Visit site
I have mine as well. Minor debacle with the bonehead FedEx driver that didn't see the 'indirect signature' tag on my door causing me to chase it down at the FedEx office. Oh well.. Now to learn Android really well.. Take Care

Posted via Android Central App

Last edited:

paladin732

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
So I have noticed that all of the third party retailers have not taken Pre-Order status off of the Droid Ultra's and Mini's. Hopefully this is a good sign that Motorola is getting these devices out the door again. Maybe the Maxx will be soon. Still waiting through Newegg , hoping to see some activity within the next couple days.

Thats actually because almost all 3rd party retailers are actually Wirefly. If you look at the fine print, or even at the GUI, you can see that they are run by "Simplexity", the parent company of Wirefly.

The only ones that I know of for a fact are not Wirefly are Letstalk, Amazon, and Best Buy Mobile. All the others I know of are (Sears, Newegg, RadioShack, TigerDirect, Target, etc)

wcowings

Mar 29, 2012
Visit site

Dan_NJ

Sep 10, 2013
Visit site
I just cancelled ... ordered from Wirefly on 8/20 ... cancelled today 9/20. I just did the Comcast thing. This whole situation (with Verizon shipping thousands and thousands of these devices daily since 8-20) is just not acceptable.

Zorro1

Oct 22, 2009
Visit site
Might be time to see what VZW will do for me. They had a 50 off deal at one time which would at least cover the sales tax.

keadea

Sep 10, 2013
Visit site
Thanks from me too for those who posted the Comcast Info. I got tired of waiting so I cancelled my wirefly order. I purchased the MAXX through Comcast/Verizon on 9/16 and got it on 9/18! Sweet phone!
I now have my new Droid Maxx in hand!!!! Thanks to all who shared the Comcast info. I shall post here again when I get the gift card.

like2angle

Jan 29, 2012
Visit site
I don't have the gift card yet but I sold my retired Galaxy Nexus on Craigslist today for $100. When I get the gift card It will have brought down my upgrade cost to $100 plus tax and activation of course.

Dan_NJ

Sep 10, 2013
Visit site
My order placed yesterday via Comcast is already shipped - it will arrive on Monday. I also checked with my local Verizon store and they have a bunch in stock. There is no shortage of these phones ... there just isn't. I guess Wirefly just has no priority in this roll out.

wcowings

Mar 29, 2012
Visit site
My order placed yesterday via Comcast is already shipped - it will arrive on Monday. I also checked with my local Verizon store and they have a bunch in stock. There is no shortage of these phones ... there just isn't. I guess Wirefly just has no priority in this roll out.

I ordered mine yesterday at 2:00 pm, it got caught up in VZW fraud prevention department, no word yet on shipping. Still waiting.......

Sent from my SCH-950 while waiting on Comcast/Verizon to ship my DROID Maxx

nghy

Jun 26, 2012
Visit site
I broke down tonight. Canceled my Wirefly pre-order from 8/20/2013 and did the Comcast/Verizon deal. The order was processed efficiently from the Comcast site which switched me over to the Verizon site for all the processing. The $100 dollar Visa card was shown briefly on the Comcast site and never mentioned on the Verizon site. I don't even know how to track it. Any word on how or when the $100 Visa card is shipped? So far it looks like I plunked down full asking price to Verizon for the Droid Maxx and trust to the fates that the card will appear one day.

wcowings

Mar 29, 2012
Visit site
I broke down tonight. Canceled my Wirefly pre-order from 8/20/2013 and did the Comcast/Verizon deal. The order was processed efficiently from the Comcast site which switched me over to the Verizon site for all the processing. The $100 dollar Visa card was shown briefly on the Comcast site and never mentioned on the Verizon site. I don't even know how to track it. Any word on how or when the $100 Visa card is shipped? So far it looks like I plunked down full asking price to Verizon for the Droid Maxx and trust to the fates that the card will appear one day.

I received a message at the end mentioning that I would receive my card in 30 days. Also, I received a confirmation email with tracking information on it.

like2angle

Jan 29, 2012
Visit site
I received a message at the end mentioning that I would receive my card in 30 days. Also, I received a confirmation email with tracking information on it.

You received tracking or confirmation on the gift card?

wcowings

Mar 29, 2012
Visit site
You received tracking or confirmation on the gift card?

I received a mention of the gift card at the end of the transaction, and received an email with phone tracking information after completing the transaction.

Edub594

Sep 4, 2012
Visit site
I ordered the maxx through wirefly on 8-20... I finally cancelled the order through them and went the comcast route today, can't wait to finally get this phone. Thanks to everyone posting on this thread showing what the options were