6 months free goggle music all access

clarker07

Dec 24, 2009
Visit site
I picked up my Maxx on Tuesday and it never occurred to me to ask about the 6 months free google music all access that was announced to come with the droid line of phones. I never did see anything in the box about it. Did I overlook it? Don't think I've seen anyone mention it in the other threads.

Also, I don't know if it makes a difference but I already subscribe to the service.

Edit: Just saw in another thread current subscribers were having the same questions. Let us know if you find the answer!

Last edited:

kckadow

May 23, 2011
Visit site
Wondering the same thing. Is it a coupon code or something for existing users? Is it only tied into new user sign up on the phone itself? I've got an existing subscription as well. I'll keep an eye out and post if I find anything.

tdizzel

Apr 24, 2011
Visit site
I didn't have a subscription already, but what I did on my Ultra was open the Play Music app, hit the 3 dot menu in the upper right, go into settings, and the option for try all access for free was there. I signed up and now I have 6 months free. woohoo!

kckadow

May 23, 2011
Visit site
Glad you got it! I don't think existing subscribers are going to be extended unfortunately.

Sent from my Droid Maxx

kckadow

May 23, 2011
Visit site
Screenshot_2013-08-24-12-36-47.png

Got this text today. Link took me to All Access Music App on Google Play Store. It showed I already subscribe to the service and no way to redeem a credit or coupon. I called Vz and they were not really aware of it. After I explained it she said that it is an ongoing promotion and I should "opt-in" through the link. I told her no "opt-in" option, but I opened it from the link. Nothing really changed on my end, but she said that by doing that it should enroll me in the promotion and I shouldn't be billed for the next six months. We'll see, my bill date is the 27th. I told her if I got billed, I'll call her back. She said she would note the account. We'll see.

clarker07

Dec 24, 2009
Visit site
Follow up on this because I don't know if it's been posted anywhere else (haven't been around lately).

I canceled my subscription I was paying for and then it ran out at the end of the month. Then I opened the music app and checked the settings and my 6 month free trial was there. Worth a try for everyone that was in the same boat as me, nothing to lose (unless you're at one of the promotional rates I suppose).

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
Follow up on this because I don't know if it's been posted anywhere else (haven't been around lately).

I canceled my subscription I was paying for and then it ran out at the end of the month. Then I opened the music app and checked the settings and my 6 month free trial was there. Worth a try for everyone that was in the same boat as me, nothing to lose (unless you're at one of the promotional rates I suppose).

Thank you for posting this. I have been using Google Play for a month now and its so much better then anything else. I'll definitely be renewing in March.

Sent from my Motorola Droid Maxx using Tapatalk 4

raichur0xx0rz

Jul 15, 2011
Visit site
I thought there was another thread about it on here, but regardless:

I called into Google shortly after launch, since I was on the $7.99 rate and asked how to take advantage of the promotion.

Verizon customer support was more useless on this topic than for anything else, so they told me to go to Google directly. You have to go the way clarker07 mentioned - cancel your existing subscription and then get the 6-months free. In my case, saving only $2 a month, it would take a very long time to "make up" for the free 6-months, so I went ahead and cancelled. I don't know if I'll be subscribing forever, so I figure might as well just take the 6-months free.

If you are on the $7.99 rate and don't intend on switching to another service, I guess it may not matter as much.

sportboy

Sep 24, 2013
Visit site
If you sign up for the 6 months, besides listening to the music on your phone, can you listen on computer? Or is this 6 months deal thing locked to listening only from the Maxx?

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
If you sign up for the 6 months, besides listening to the music on your phone, can you listen on computer? Or is this 6 months deal thing locked to listening only from the Maxx?

Works on all devices. I use it on my PC and Droid.

sportboy

Sep 24, 2013
Visit site
thanks. now if google would get on board with sonos.

one other quick question on billing, does verizon do the billing or does google handle the billing?

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
Good question, I wondered this too. I am just guessing, but I think it might be 30 days after activating the phone. Anyone know?

I searched all over Google and came up with no details regarding the time limit to sign up.

raichur0xx0rz

Jul 15, 2011
Visit site

Another thing - You can only listen on one device at a time. I have my roommate using my subscription as well, and whoever is already logged in, once someone else logs in, it'll kick the other person off. Sucks but to be expected haha

thanks. now if google would get on board with sonos.

one other quick question on billing, does verizon do the billing or does google handle the billing?

For now, Google, but I think there were rumors of Verizon offering the service through them in the future.

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
Another thing - You can only listen on one device at a time. I have my roommate using my subscription as well, and whoever is already logged in, once someone else logs in, it'll kick the other person off. Sucks but to be expected haha

For now, Google, but I think there were rumors of Verizon offering the service through them in the future.

SiriusXM does the same thing with the internet radio. Such a shame but I wouldn't share Google with anyone since it's linked to my Gmail.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
drkrleitch