couple random questions

mattsterful

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site
First. Is there any way to get a different focus method on the camera? Or any other app that can adjust it?

Secondly. I get an annoying msg any time I'm listening to Pandora and turn up the volume saying its bad for your ears. Is that on Pandora only or does it do it with other programs/music on the phone. And if it is with everything, is it able to be disabled?

Thanks in advance. (Loving my maxx)

Posted via my Droid MAXX.

Optimus Prune

Jul 13, 2012
Visit site
First. Is there any way to get a different focus method on the camera? Or any other app that can adjust it?

Secondly. I get an annoying msg any time I'm listening to Pandora and turn up the volume saying its bad for your ears. Is that on Pandora only or does it do it with other programs/music on the phone. And if it is with everything, is it able to be disabled?

1. You can activate a "tap focus zone" mode in the camera settings (swipe from left to right while the camera is open).

2. It's not unique to Pandora. I've seen it with Google Play Music and Pocket Casts. The good news is that after seeing it a couple of times the first day or so, I don't recall really seeing it again. The phone just kind of gets sick of nagging you at some point. It's been discussed before and no one has pointed to a setting to disable it, though.

Sent from a Droid Maxx.

mistermojorizin

Oct 20, 2011
Visit site
1. camera zoom fx has a mode with point metering, where you tap and it focuses and you decide to take the pic or not (unlike stock which tap to focus still produces unfocused shots because you can't monitor it before it takes the shot after you tap to focus)

2. upon connecting to bluetooth (and i believe headphones) the phone resets media volume to 50% and when you try to raise it, it gives the nag screen. i've set up a tasker script that when bluetooth connects, it waits 5 secs and then raises media volume to max. no more nag screen and no more automatic 50% loudness.

Chiplg

Jul 24, 2010
Visit site

It is set to autofocus, but you can change it to tap to focus on the camera menu. As for the warning, I've never seen it on Pandora or any other app I've used. So, IDK. I didn't see any settings to change it if it is a part of the OS.

mattsterful

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site
So if you have the touch zoom on and you try to take like multiple pictures by holding it doesn't zoom. At least it didn't for me. So I'd be better off with the auto zoom for that I guess